Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed - poker not dead. Would you call here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed - poker not dead. Would you call here?

Played a $5 tournament today. Very passive table. One player had a limping strategy that was basically any two from any position at all stack depths but when she put money in the pot she had at least top pair and usually with top kicker. This went on from the first hand we played. Most players steered clear of her from the flop onward but new players kept showing up who didn't know what was going on. They'd try to push her off hands so she gradually chipped up.

There was one hand early on that I folded that I was wondering about.

Blinds were 60/120 Everyone had 35 - 40 BB.
    Villian was in the BB with 4197
    UTG+2 limped, CO limped, I limped Button with 87s, SB folded and Villian raised to 480. It was the first time she had raised from any position.
    Everyone called but I folded. Pot odds were great but I figured she had to have a monster hand to do this.

Do you call there? I think I probably should have since I was closing the action. And, of course, flop was 887. She led out half pot and everyone folded.
    Last edited by Sharon L A; 01-15-2020, 09:00 AM.

Yes I would’ve called mainly because she bet too small. You’re closing the action calling 360 more to win ~2000. And you know she likely has a hand that will stack off if you bink the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by RealJPB View Post
      Yes I would’ve called mainly because she bet too small. You’re closing the action calling 360 more to win ~2000. And you know she likely has a hand that will stack off if you bink the flop.
      Where do you get 2,000 from? I make it 900!!!

Comment

• Sharon L A
        Sharon L A commented
        Editing a comment
        If I had called the pot would have been 2088. Both the other limpers had called so we would have been 4 to the flop. I knew I should have called.
        Last edited by Sharon L A; 01-15-2020, 08:59 AM. Reason: I forgot the antes.
    Working...
    X