Bad Bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Bluff

I tried something I have never done at least not that I can ever remember which covers the last several years.

I was on the Bu UTG limped passive player UTG+1 Limp passive pre flop (but will always limp call) aggressive post flop LJ limped passive player Me on the Bu Ad4d called BB closed the action very good player,

Normally I would have squeezed pre flop but UTG+1 was never going to fold if I raised and he's very sticky post flop too.

Flop was Qs5c5s every one checked to me. I bet 80% pot 12,000 into a 15,000 chip pot BB folds UTG raises all in for about 15k more and UTG+1 tank calls lol

That didn't work UTG QT UTG+1 Q8 OOPS and they chopped lol

I survived and will review whichever Assassinanto video it was that gave me this idea in the first place bc I don't think this was the right situation to try and pull that stunt. .

Why did you bet here? You're in a multiway pot with sticky players, and you can see a free card. In my opinion, just check and see a free card, maybe you get there. I am not sure which video that you're talking about, but I try to play multiway pots pretty straight forward.

Comment

• kkep
      kkep commented
      Editing a comment
      Why indeed..BTW I'm not trying to push the blame off on Alex. i just remember seeing something similar in one of the video's so tried it. There is a good chance I conflated more than one lesson. It's not a big deal.

I tend to share my worst hands/biggest mistakes after my sessions. I remember things better when I write them down.
      Last edited by kkep; 01-12-2020, 07:03 AM.

• radubalaj
      radubalaj commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty sure it was heads up, not multiway. Alex tends to shy away from multiway pots. But I might be wrong.

Multiway, opponents will miss less often combined, so bluffing is less profitable.

• jamtay317
      jamtay317 commented
      Editing a comment
      kkep I understand trying new things. I think we've all done it. Is be interested to see that video that you're talking about

Perhaps this is a bit of a results orientated analysis. If nobody has a Q then you probably take it down.

Comment

• kkep
      kkep commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right and I considered that too. 5 handed might not be ideal though . I'm sure whatever I saw was referring to specific player types, stack sizes may come into play and probably no more than 3-4 handed.

I'll zero in on it because I definitely want to work some (new to me)exploits into these local tournaments.

This also reinforces the fact that slow playing is bad. Had I had a 5x hand I would have probably checked thinking it’s unlikely I get called by much.

Comment

Just check. If you are going to bet, a 60% pot bet (or maybe even smaller) probably would have got the job done.

Comment

Working...
      X