Flopped boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flopped boat

Not that this happens a lot but looking for peoples opinion on how to get max value. I’m utg1 raise to $7 button and bb call $22 pot.
    Flop 447sds bb checks I bet $10.
    thoughts are I get called by any pair, spade draws or two overs. Both call $52
    As turn bb checks I think about checking but end up betting $24. I did so thinking one of them called flop bet with either an ace or spades and will call another bet.
    both fold which is good but curious on other lines people think of here. Would of it been better checking the turn and allow someone to maybe bluff?

Your hand is pretty disguised here as you could be c-betting the flop with AK, AQ, flush draw. And, you don't really need protection. A check on the turn could play nicely here to induce a bet on the river. Or, if one of the Vs is on the flush draw, they could spike their card and you could really get them to value own themselves.

Comment

I'm betting turn but smaller, $17. That will look weak to some players and may keep in some middling pairs and any 7x combos. BB could also have some str8 draws we keep in to go along with the BD flush draws.

That said $24 is probably going to be fine often enough since we don't block any of the big spade cards or Ax combos that may be floating but if that's our target why not just go to like $35...

My responses always get long because I'm thinking about these hands on the fly...

So If I wanted to target and keep in a wide range which I pretty much always want to do I would bet $17.

If I felt like the V really liked his hand for some reason (like a snap call on the flop) or another and I wanted to target specific hands like made flushes, or say like Ks Qs and some Ax combos then I would bet larger to $35.

Comment

Originally posted by kkep View Post
        If I felt like the V really liked his hand for some reason (like a snap call on the flop)
        Just a quick word of caution on this statement.

Generally speaking a snap call is usually more indicative of a draw than a hand that your opponent would really like i.e. a made hand.

If the villain has made a very strong hand, even though there's a good chance he will end up flatting, he will almost certainly at least take a little time to consider the merits of raising.

Of course this is not going to be true with all villains, but when this has happened enough times for you to be able to correlate a snap call to a certain hand strength (it's very important when it comes to tells that we have a decent sample size) then we can look to exploit.

Comment

Working...
        X