Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how would yiou have played this interesting spot differently ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would yiou have played this interesting spot differently ?

https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=124tcuIzz

Im folding on the flop when one of the preflop callers bets into 3 people and I have K high

Comment

• Guido
      Guido commented
      Editing a comment
      ty hm interesting and thought provoking , but at least i have bdsd, second nut bdfd , 2 overs and it was not that expensive

• Raddad_101213
      Raddad_101213 commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont look too much into the backdoor draws. Possibly a small leak of mine. I just can't see relying on hitting runner runner

@ all it his relying on hitting runner runner or good fundamentlly sound poker /mdf ?

Comment

• Raddad_101213
      Raddad_101213 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, you may be right. I'm definitely not a mdf expert

I think floating the flop is fine with a backdoor flush draw, back door straight draw and 2 overs that are good most of the time. Sucks he had a set this time but in general I think we are good here a lot of the time by the river.

Comment

• Raddad_101213
      Raddad_101213 commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently I'm a nit lol

What bluffs does villain have here betting flop into 3 players and going bet jam on the turn and river. QJs? (2 combos) T7s? (4 combo's) Is he even calling T7s v UTG with his bigger stack?
    Probably not. That leaves him betting his value range or random bluffs on the turn. Sets, 2 pair and JTs are defo in his range all the way through the hand. Maybe JTo as well.

Multi tabling makes it much more likely you play this way and end up calling the river shuv. You just don't see anything but the top 2 pair in your hand. But realistically, what do you beat given his line?

T7s (unlikely in pre flop range)
    Maybe QJs (2 combos)
    98s (2 combos) (Does 98s put you all in on the river?)
    K9s (2 combos)

He has (13 combos of sets and straights with JTs with a possible 12 other JTo).

Is there realistically anything else in his range you beat? Unless he flats pre flop with AA sometimes. (possible, but dangerous in his seat)

I think calling flop bet is fine. You are forced to call turn. The river? I think you are busting here alot verses his range given 98s probably doesn't put you all in on the river. You have 28 bb on the river if you fold.

It is close and unfortunate to runner, runner the exact cards you did not want and, multi tabling I think I call river too often here myself. But for the reasons above I think this is a close river fold.
    Last edited by N I V V Y; 01-03-2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Guido
      Guido commented
      Editing a comment
      nice comment really

yeah i was multitabling : ) i learned from our coach jaffee if you have a close river decision and the river card is one of your 2 cards you should most often call rather than fold

here I thought i dont wanna fold top of my rage if he can easily have played aces this way .. at least on river i thought this way perhaps forgot he had to have to play passively with aces preflop and on flop

in game it was a pretty easy call to be honest

now i am unsure after your post : ) but this is why i am here : )

again you take more into account how much bb you have left if you fold

again i play it more like a cash came somehow not really mind busting here

however very interesting and perhaps very close spot , this has pontential to be the hand of the months : )
      Last edited by Guido; 01-04-2020, 03:51 AM.

this is a common spot. only thing interesting is kkep once pointed out ' he went from nit to loose passive ' u might be headed same direction

Comment

i have put that hand into a solver

here comes the solver solution

preflop i am supposed to raise half pot because while calling is indeed better than folding , this is a perfect hand for playing a bluff squeeze ! in case someone calls, i may still flop a flush draw or an oesd

as played on flop this is a pretty clear fold here , Raddad_101213 is right

i guess this is mainly because i have a SPR of 3 and 2 players are left to act

as mistakenly played the flop, on turn this is a 100% call and this is not even close

on river solver says this is a 100% call

calling has an EV of 28.72

folding has anEV of 0 (as always)

Comment

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have a dedicated server for PIO? I'm thinking about buying a new computer then converting my old one into a server. I think it would be perfect if I just increased the RAM a bit.

i work with snowie , not with pio and i just have a┬┤normal computer with no extra dedicated server

but your plans sounds good , pio is a one time investing other than snowie

Comment

I look at the flop and see a perfect spot for a squeeze. It would be good to get the pot head-up, and all that dead money is really tempting. I always worry, when I overfrlat on the button, that one of the blinds is going to squeeze. If neither blind has much of a 3B% and one of them is a fish I particularly want to keep in the hand I will consider flatting, but otherwise this is a good spot for a squeeae. (Open up your HEM or PT and compare your button flats to your squeezes, you might be surprised.)

I can see the arguments for floating a field bettor with our backdoors, but note that it is still four-way action and we are in worst relative position for the flop action. Just as the first person after the preflop aggressor checks is representing strength when they bet into three others, we need some real strength (or real future fold equity) to call that bet when we are not closing the action. I would much rather float head-up or if the small blind wasn't in the hand than in this spot.

Assuming the player in the lowjack calls our squeeze with a pocket pair, I would likely c-bet the flop and fire again on the very good turn card. When they checkraise the turn it would be easy to find a fold. This cooler would have hurt us, but I don't think we would have lost all our chips, played my way.

Comment

Working...
        X