Screen recording software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen recording software

Hey guys, I am looking to purchase screen recording software. I am looking for something that works great, relatively easy to use ( i'm not opposed to to anything that takes time to learn either) and cheap. I have seen some of these that go for over $1,000! YIKES! and some for $50. I am currently using the Free trial for FlashbackPro 5. the full license is $50 and comes with the video editor as well. So far, this seems decent but I could be persuaded otherwise. All suggestions greatly appreciated!

I've been using screencastomatic for years. It's like $20 per year or something like that. It's very inexpensive and easy to use. It's perfect if you're just looking to make some simple screensharing vids. But i also does webcam as well. I use it for my simple stuff and Adobe premiere for anything a bit more complex. But SOM really does a lot for the price.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/

Comment

Definitely looks like the price is right. Thanks for the suggestion! Adobe premiere is like $1,200+ isn't it?

Comment

• Cloutier
        Cloutier commented
        Editing a comment
        They have different packages. I just use the one for video. It's like $40 month. If you get the full suite of tools they have, now that probably is $1,200.

OBS studio works good and it's free

Comment

Thanks man, I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raddad_101213 View Post
          I like OBS as well.

Comment

Yeah OBS is what Sky Matsuhashi recommends.

Comment

Thank you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Raddad_101213 View Post
                Nice, thanks for information
                Last edited by barongan; 01-08-2020, 12:05 PM.

Comment

I've been thinking of doing this. How do you use the videos that you make? I'm thinking it would help with reviewing play on sites that don't allow HUD's and especially Party which can't even get the hand histories right.

Comment

Sharon L A I was thinking of recording some of my sessions in a format similar to what you see coaches do in their HH video series. Where each decision point, they talk through the reasons for making this decision vs that decision. Should also help staying focused as you're going to continuously be talking things through.

Also, I was thinking of recording some HH sessions and saving them for later use. I think you can convert the videos to MP3s, which is nice because then I can just make an MP3 track and listen to later on while exercising, working, grocery shopping, etc. Plus, it's a great way to kind of go back and see how far you've come in your learning process.

Also, for all of you who have suggested to me some Screen Recording software, I did end up purchasing FlashPro5. It's pretty good and it was decently cheap. It was only $49.

Comment

FWIW I have an nvidia graphics card and use Geforce Experience to record the screen on my PC

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ce-experience/

On mac, you can use quicktime

Comment

Thanks MrFuss . The website looks super cool. Very easy on the eyes IMO. I was looking at gaming computers last night, and AlienWare has an awesome new laptop, I think it's called Area51M or something like that. That computer looks amazing. Has a sick graphics card, tons of processing power, ample RAM, super fast bootup with the 256gb SSD and the dense storage with a 1TB hard drive. I. Want. It. So. Bad!

Comment

• Raddad_101213
                          Raddad_101213 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah I definitely need a new laptop too
                      Working...
                      X