Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Everyone folds to you on the button with a 100 big blind effective stack early in a $500 buy-in tournament. The players in the blinds are both weak and passive. What is your strategy?

Suppose you raise to 2.5 big blinds and the big blind calls. The flop comes Js-7h-6d. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?
    Against weak and passive bet whole range
    Suppose you bet 2.5 big blinds and your opponent raises to 8 big blinds. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call. The turn is the (Js-7h-6d)-2c. Your opponent bets 22 big blinds. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call. The river is the (Js-7h-6d-2c)-2h. Your opponent goes all-in for 67.5 big blinds. What is your strategy?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    A tight, aggressive player raises to 2.5 big blinds out of his 60 big blind stack from first position at a nine-handed table. Another tight, aggressive player 3-bets to 6 big blinds from second position. Everyone folds to you on the button. What is your strategy?

You 4-bet to 14 big blinds. Only the 3-bettor calls. The flop comes 7c-5d-3d. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?
    Bet whole range
    You bet 8 big blinds and your opponent calls. The turn is the (7c-5d-3d)-4d. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?

You check behind. The river is the (7c-5d-3d-4d)-2s. Your opponent goes all-in. What is your strategy?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    July 2018
    A strong, tight aggressive player pushes all-in for his 5 big blind effective stack from the hijack seat. What should he be pushing all-in with?

Everyone folds to you in the big blind. What is your calling range?

A strong, tight aggressive player pushes all-in for his 10 big blind effective stack from the hijack seat. What should he be pushing all-in with?

A strong, tight aggressive player pushes all-in for his 15 big blind effective stack from the hijack seat. What should he be pushing all-in with?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    August 2019
    You are in first position at a nine-handed table with a 30 big blind effective stack early in a $500 buy-in tournament. The players yet to act generally play well. What is your strategy?

Suppose you raise to 2.2 big blinds and the big blind, a loose, aggressive player, calls. The flop comes Q♠-J♥-5♣. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?
    I will bet with my whole range, based on my range and nut advantage
    Suppose you bet 2.5 big blinds and your opponent calls. The turn is the (Q♠-J♥-5♣)-9♣. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?

Suppose you check. The river is the (Q♠-J♥-5♣-9♣)-4♦. Your opponent bets 8 big blinds. What is your strategy?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    June 2018
    You are in the middle stages of a $500 buy-in poker tournament and just got moved to a new table. You are in first position at a seven-handed table with 50 big blind effective stacks. What is your strategy?

You raise to 2.5 big blinds and the button and big blind call. Both players are unknown to you.

The flop comes Ah-Ts-6c. What is your strategy?

The big blind checks, you bet 3 big blinds and only the big blind calls.

The turn is the (Ah-Ts-6c)-Js. The big blind checks. What is your strategy?2 options, no checkinng

You check behind. The river is the (Ah-Ts-6c-Js)-6c. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    May2018
    A good, loose, aggressive player raises to 3 big blinds out of his 100 big blind effective stack from middle position. Everyone folds to you in the small blind. What is your strategy?

You 3-bet to 11 big blinds and your opponent 4-bets to 25 big blinds. What is your strategy? I will have just call strategy, or 5bet for all in with some calls and just 5bet strategy. I will take a line base of my image or image of LAG player.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    April2018
    Everyone folds to a good, tight, passive player in the cutoff who raises to 2.5 big blinds out of his 40 big blind effective stack. Everyone folds to you in the big blind. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call. The flop is Ks-Jc-7d. You check and your opponent bets 3 big blinds. What is your strategy?
    When is player really TPA I will have often just call with my whole continue range.

Suppose you call. The turn is the (Ks-Jc-7d)-3s. You check and your opponent goes all-in. What is your strategy?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    *after watching webinar I find out that this strategy I build more for situation with Maniac LAG
    March2018
    Everyone folds to a good, loose, aggressive player in the cutoff who raises to 2.5 big blinds out of his 40 big blind effective stack. Everyone folds to you in the small blind. What is your strategy?

Suppose you 3-bet to 8 big blinds. The big blind folds and the initial raiser goes all-in. What is your strategy? Value3bet call and bluff 3bet fold

Suppose instead that your opponent called your 3-bet. The flop comes Ac-8h-4s. What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet 6.5 big blinds and your opponent calls. The turn is the (Ac-8h-4s)-Jh. What is your strategy?
    Last edited by Martin; 01-07-2020, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    February 2018
    Everyone folds to you with a 20 big blind stack on the cutoff. Everyone yet to act plays well enough. What is your strategy?
    My range often change, base on my table image. If I was active I tight up and if I was card dead I will be a little looser.

Suppose you raise to 2.25 big blinds and only the big blind calls. The flop comes 9s-8s-7c. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?

Suppose you check behind. The turn is the (9s-8s-7c)-3d. Your opponent bets 4 big blinds. What is your strategy?

Suppose you call. The river is the (9s-8s-7c-3d)-3h. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    A loose, splashy, but generally straightforward player limps from second position out of his 75 big blind stack. The lojack, hijack, and cutoff all call. You are on the button. What is your strategy?

Suppose you limp along and both blinds call. The flop comes Js-8s-6c.

The action checks to the initial loose, splashy but generally straightforward limper, who bets 5 big blinds into the 7 big blind pot. What is your strategy?
    The is 2 scenario which I will have. One is just call strategy with all premium, marginal and draws. Second option is this one:

Suppose that only you call. The turn is the (Js-8s-6c)-As.

Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?
    Again there is 2 options. one clasic and if I have really good read on guy and sense weaknes, when he is really straightforward, I will bet with whole range 9-10BBs.

*ATo is not in range, sry for mistake, also all spade suited aces logical, is not in range
    Suppose you check behind. The river is the (Js-8s-6c-As)-Ks.

Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?

River will have 3 options check with whole range, when I take some suspicious, Bet with whole range becouse 2checks and really scary board (I prefer this one) and "balanced one" when I will go with bet about half pot.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    December2017
    A generally strong player who usually plays a tight, aggressive strategy but is capable of getting out of line raises to 2.5 big blinds out of his 100 big blind effective stack from early position. A splashy straightforward player calls from middle position.

What is your preflop strategy from the button?

Assume you call. The flop comes Jc-7c-3s. The initial raiser bets 5 big blinds and the splashy player folds. What is your strategy with each part of your range?

Extra Credit: Assume you call. The turn is the (Jc-7c-3s)-9c. The initial raiser checks. What is your strategy with each part of your range?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    November 2017
    Everyone folds to you in second position with a 100 big blind effective stack. Everyone yet to act plays reasonable well. What is your preflop raising range?

Suppose you raise and six players call, including the blinds. The flop comes 7h-4c-2s. The blinds check. What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet and only the button calls. The turn is the (7h-4c-2s)-4s. What is your strategy?

Suppose you check and your opponent bets. What is your strategy?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    October 2017
    Everyone folds to you on the cutoff with a 30 big blind effective stack. Everyone yet to act plays reasonable well. What is your preflop raising range?

Suppose you raise and only the button calls. The flop comes Jh-6h-3c. What is your strategy?
    Again here can be 2 scenarios. 1. 100%beting 1/4-1/3pot. I prefer 1/4 but in some games there will be auto calll with this sizing, so I will chose 1/3
    Clasic strategy

Suppose you bet and your opponent calls. The turn is the (Jh-6h-3c)-Ad. What is your strategy?

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    September 2017
    Everyone folds to you in the cutoff with a 75 big blind effective stack. Everyone yet to act plays reasonable well. What is your strategy?

Suppose you raise and only the button calls. The flop comes Jh-6h-3c. What is your strategy?

Suppose you bet and your opponent calls. The turn is the (Jh-6h-3c)-Ad. What is your strategy?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    August 2017
    Everyone folds to the button, a strong player, who raises to 3 big blinds out of his 100 big blind effective stack. The small blind folds. What is your preflop strategy from the big blind?

Suppose you call. The flop comes 9h-7h-6d. What is your strategy?
    Check with whole range, i will have not any lead range.

Suppose you check and your opponent checks behind. The turn is the (9h-7h-6d)-3c. What is your strategy?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    July 2017
    Everyone folds to you in the hijack seat with a 100 big blind effective stack. Everyone yet to act plays reasonably well. What is your preflop raising range?

Suppose you raise and only the big blind calls. The flop comes 8h-7h-5d. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?
    I choose a huge checking range for protection. We haven t range andvantage (is 50:50) and also we have almost no nut hands. In the other hand competent BB will often atack our Cbet.

Suppose you check behind. The turn is the (8h-7h-5d)-Kd. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?
    I will start beting some hands for value/protection. Villain show some weeknes but stil we havan t range advantage. I will choose smaller bet size.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    June 2017

You show up on time for a tournament notice that three of the other players seated at the table appear to be complete amateurs. They do not know how to stack their chips, are not carrying any sort of bag, and are discussing how this is their first tournament. The other players at the table seem competent/normal.

When everyone folds to you and one of the amateurs is in the big blind, how should you adjust your strategy?
    Question is, what is his main mistake. For this example I assume that he will be too tight or too loose on big blind. When he is too tight, I will often take blinds and when he is too loose he will have a lot of rubbish on flop, where he probably play straight forward

When everyone folds to you and one of the competent/normal players is in the big blind, how should you adjust your strategy?
    I will tight up my open strategy and continue with standard strategy

When one of the amateurs raises before the flop, how should you adjust your default strategy? Really hard question, because I don t know position and another important informations. Again is all based on mistake of player. In position I will play looser compare with competent player.
    It's just too hard to generalized this answer. By the simplest way, I will try to play often against amateurs and with raising strategy and 3betting I will try to isolate amateurs.
    When one of the competent/normal players raises before the flop, how should you adjust your strategy?
    Continue with standard balanced strategy

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    May 2017
    Everyone folds to you in the hijack seat with a 50 big blind effective stack. Everyone yet to act plays reasonable well. What is your preflop raising range?

Suppose you raise and only the big blind calls. The flop comes Ac-7h-2d. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?

Everyone folds to you in the hijack seat with a 50 big blind effective stack. Everyone yet to act plays reasonable well. What is your preflop raising range?

Suppose you raise and only the big blind calls. The flop comes Ac-7h-2d. Your opponent checks. What is your strategy?I will use small bet with whole range, based on range and nut advantage.
    Board:Ac,7h,2d
    [IMG]res://C:%5CProgram%20Files%20(x86)%5CPokerStrategy.com%5 CPokerStrategy.com%20Equilab%5CEquilabENU.dll/bitmap_card_Ac.png[/IMG] [IMG]res://C:%5CProgram%20Files%20(x86)%5CPokerStrategy.com%5 CPokerStrategy.com%20Equilab%5CEquilabENU.dll/bitmap_card_7h.png[/IMG] [IMG]res://C:%5CProgram%20Files%20(x86)%5CPokerStrategy.com%5 CPokerStrategy.com%20Equilab%5CEquilabENU.dll/bitmap_card_2d.png[/IMG]
    Equity Win Tie
    MP3 61.63% 60.74% 0.89% 22+, A2s+, K7s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, A9o+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo
    BB 38.37% 37.48% 0.89% 88-22, AJs-A2s, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T3s+, 94s+, 84s+, 74s+, 63s+, 53s+, 43s, 32s, AJo-A2o, K2o+, Q5o+, J7o+, T7o+, 97o+, 86o+, 75o+, 65o, 54o

Leave a comment:

• kkep
    commented on 's reply
    This is only the pre-flop strategy.

• Martin
    replied
    Everyone folds to you on the button with a 50 big blind effective stack.

You open 2.5 BBs, and the Big Blind 3-bets 9 BBs.

If the players in the blinds are both overly tight, what is your strategy? How do you respond with your entire range when you raise to 2.5 big blinds and the big blind 3-bet to 8 big blinds?

If the players in the blinds both play well, what is your strategy? How do you respond with your entire range when you raise to 2.5 big blinds and the big blind 3-bet to 8 big blinds?

If the players in the blinds are both maniacs, what is your strategy? How do you respond with your entire range when you raise to 2.5 big blinds and the big blind 3-bet to 8 big blinds?

Ok this will be my base BU RFI, but But I am making adjustments based on my opponents on the blinds

If the players in the blinds are both overly tight, what is your strategy? How do you respond with your entire range when you raise to 2.5 big blinds and the big blind 3-bet to 8 big blinds?

If blinds are overly tight, I will continue just with this hands. Also If blinds are overly tight, I have wider RFI range to exploit from this mistake.

If the players in the blinds both play well, what is your strategy? How do you respond with your entire range when you raise to 2.5 big blinds and the big blind 3-bet to 8 big blinds?

If the players in the blinds are both maniacs, what is your strategy? How do you respond with your entire range when you raise to 2.5 big blinds and the big blind 3-bet to 8 big blinds?

in this case is really important, what type of maniac is our villain . I understand this term like player who will be often 3beting. Also but I think that after 4bet he will be play straight forward. In this case I also tight up opening range.
    Last edited by Martin; 12-20-2019, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    commented on 's reply
    I am not sure, if I understand your question

• kkep
    commented on 's reply
    Why didn't you work it all the way out?

• Martin
    replied
    2017-03-15
    You raise to 3 big blinds out of your 100 big blind effective stack from the lojack seat. A strong, loose, aggressive player reraises to 10 big blinds from the small blind. He has reraised you one time over the last two hours and you folded. He has generally been aggressive. Define your strategy with each part of your range.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    2017-02-16
    A loose aggressive player raises to 3 big blinds out of his 100 big blind effective stack from the lojack seat. The cutoff and hijack, both somewhat typical players who play in a straightforward manner, call. You call on the button. The flop comes Kc-6s-5d. Everyone checks to you. Assume you have K-Q, K-7, 9-8, 8-7, A-6, 5-4, 2-2, A-4, or Q-9. What is your flop strategy with each of these hands and why?

So preflop in this situation I will choose this strategy. Base on good chance to take pot of 10,5 or 11,5 base on ante I will have some part of 3bet range. LAG open have a lot of folding and other callers will have also this issue. So nice spot for squeez. 3bet size will be 14-15BBs

So when we are 4 I will chose 50:50 check bet strategy. Ranges preflop has multiway really simmilar equity:
    MP2 25.20% 24.32% 0.88% 22+, A2s+, K8s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo, T9o, 98o
    MP3 23.41% 22.44% 0.98% JJ-22, AJs-A2s, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, AJo-ATo, KTo+, QTo+, JTo
    CO 23.10% 22.17% 0.93% JJ-22, AJs-A2s, K8s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s, 54s, 43s, AJo-ATo, KTo+, QTo+, JTo
    BU 28.29% 27.36% 0.92% TT-22, ATs-A6s, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 87s, KJo+
    But after checks I think that range of this guys is caped, so we can throw away premium hands. (in case we will be check-raised, wi will go away with bug part of range). So after we get away sets and 2 pairs, and I toke away also AK and AA from preflop raiser, equity is a little better.
    MP2 20.23% 19.33% 0.90% QQ-77, 44-22, AQs-A2s, KJs-K8s, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, 54s, AQo-ATo, KJo-KTo, QTo+, JTo, T9o, 98o
    MP3 23.77% 22.64% 1.13% JJ-77, 44-22, AJs-A2s, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 54s, AJo-ATo, KTo+, QTo+, JTo
    CO 23.60% 22.52% 1.08% JJ-77, 44-22, AJs-A2s, K8s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 54s, 43s, AJo-ATo, KTo+, QTo+, JTo
    BU 32.40% 31.36% 1.04% TT-22, ATs-A6s, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 87s, KJo+
    this difference is cause by we still have sets and 2 pairs in our range. I will bet some pairs also as bluffs/protection, because we can be good with forexample 99 but not for long. Wtih this hands as we get raise we can calmly fold, when we get call, we make new decision base on turn, but also we will slow down a bit. After that a turn I will have a lot of checking range and I will try get cheap showdown and just realized my equity.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    2017-01-24
    You have played a somewhat straightforward strategy for a few hours without showing any memorable bluffs. You raise from the cutoff to 3 big blinds out of your 100 effective big blind stack. Only the big blind, a splashy calling station, calls. The flop comes 9s-8c-6d. Your opponent checks. Assume you have 6-6, 9-8, A-A, T-T. Q-9, A-8, 8-7, 7-7, J-6, 2-2, A-K, Q-T, or K-5. Which hands should you check and why?

First CO open range, base on splashy callingstation on BB I will take this open. So It is hard to find J6 or K5 in range, but I ll try it

So this flop is look like is really good for BB but when we compare equity with open range and wide BB def range, it s like 50:50
    CO 50.30% 48.36% 1.94% 22+, A2s+, K7s+, K5s, Q8s+, J8s+, J6s, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, ATo+, KTo+, K5o, QTo+, JTo, J6o
    BB 49.70% 47.76% 1.94% 99-22, ATs-A2s, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T4s+, 94s+, 84s+, 74s+, 63s+, 53s+, 42s+, 32s, AJo-A2o, KJo-K5o, Q8o+, J8o+, T8o+, 97o+, 86o+, 75o+, 65o, 54o
    Base on that I will have a lot of checking in my range. Also when BB is splashy, I understand it like he is able to check-raise really often on this type of flop. We loose some value from over pairs, but we will be protected from headache situations.
    Thinking about image is interesting. First question what seems to be important, will be BB take our image in decision making? Or he better focus on opportunity to use range advantage, which he will feel on his side? That is reason why I will choose this strategy.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    2016-12-15
    The action folds to a reasonably loose and aggressive player in the cutoff who raises to 2.5 big blinds out of his 50 effective big blind effective stack. You are in the small blind. The player in the big blind plays well. Define your preflop strategy with each part of your range.
    I choose this range. I have no calling range.
    I have no calling range based on 2 reasons. BB is a good player so I don t want to give him great ods to call or opportunity to squeez.
    Second reason is that I really often win small pot immediately (2,5 open, + 1BB+ 1 ante +0,5).
    Also I don't want to continue against LAG player out of position and without biting lead.

Base on LAG image, I think that he will fold about 40-60% of RFI range. 3bet sizing will be 8-8,5BB. LAG reaction can be something like this. For 4bets I will continue just with best hands. If i will assume that he has some bluffs in 4bet range (like down) I will go all in with AQs, AK and 99+. If I will think that he is 4beting just something like JJ+ and AQs, I will go all in with JJ+ and AK.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    started a topic New guy - Old homeworks

New guy - Old homeworks

So how I continue with study, I want to make here old homework assignments. If anyone want to comment or bring new ideas, I will be glad for it. Keep working and grinding
Working...
X