Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PokerCoaching Discord

What the hell?

Just checked it out for the first time and it just seems to be a messy free for all.

So illogical and yet it seems to have so many more users than this forum - why?!

Is it simply because it's 'cool' and what the kidz use these days?

IMO it’s entirety because Jonathan prefers it and promotes it more. Why he prefers it I don’t know, because most hands get one or two responses before getting buried by subsequent topics. This is a much better format for ongoing discussion.

kkep and I have vocalized as much to JL on Twitter and elsewhere. I’d encourage you to do the same.

Comment

JL is on there because it is a good way for him to promote his product.

I've notice a bunch of new active users on here lately which is great.

I think your suggestion about the forum link may have helped.

I also asked Jarred Gabbin to try this forum out. If he (or any of the Pro's really) chimed in on some hand reviews once a week or so I think that help greatly too.

We should ask JL to pin an ask the pros thread. I would suggest he requires us to post hands using the easy re-player.
      It's a bit of a PITA for us time wise but much easier for the pros to look at and comment. Their time is money....
      Last edited by kkep; 12-10-2019, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        It takes me about 5 minutes to put a hand together, maybe less. They can look at on the re-player in a few seconds rather than trying to read HH that are often long winded while also lacking important details.

It doesn't matter how crowded that thread gets. We can still discuss those hands among ourselves and hopefully they chime in on some of the more interesting ones here and there.

That would be way more than we get now....

Why wouldn't it be easier for them to look to one thread rather than scrolling through a bunch of irrelevant content?

I'm trying to make it easy for them

• MrFuss
        MrFuss commented
        Editing a comment
        kkep having one thread of hands for pro review would become what discord is, a mess. you need each thread dedicated to one hand.

I also think text histories are way easier to analyze than replayers. You can quickly glance at any point in the hand. With a replayer you have to constantly skip forward and back to gather the info you need.

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        Text history's are fine when ppl post them correctly

I tried to use the discord. Couldn't get into it. I use discord for other things. This just isnt one of them.

Comment

I can totally agree that it gets a little messy but the thing I like about Discord is that it is fast and instant. For me, I belong to 25 facebook groups, 8 discord channels, 5 skype study groups, twitter, youtube, PC.com and GBT.com so this is just one more thing I have to check every day, so its about consolidation lol. Kkep has sweet talked me into hanging out though so you guys will be seeing more of me .

Comment

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I understand how much time some of you guys put in for us and I/we really appreciate it!

What is Pokercoaching Discord?

Comment

• RealJPB
        RealJPB commented
        Editing a comment
        There’s a link to it under the community section on the PC homepage. It’s like this but simultaneously more and less organized

https://discord.gg/x4mZ7x

Comment

I was fortunate enough to be able to ask JL a couple of questions regarding the forum/discord face to face this morning and this is basically what he said:

- The forum is outdated and temperamental. It had to be refreshed/reset twice last year which is clearly not good. Discord on the other hand is far more reliable.
        - The forum is very disorganised and would take a lot of work to get it in shape
        - Regarding the lack of moderation: jjpregler just one day stopped logging on and no longer replies to emails - let's just hope the guy is okay. There is a bit of work going on to get new mods in place but is not high priority.
        - JL answers very few questions on here simply because it's not particularly enjoyable. He spends ~9hrs a day creating content for pokercoaching.com and quite frankly that is a better use of his time.
        - The other coaches (with the exception of GodsBigToe for which we are all very grateful) do not answer questions on here because they won't do it for free. Their rates per hour are understandably very high and therefore an awful lot of money for JL to have to pay just for a coach to actively participate on here and besides, how many questions could they realistically answer in that time anyway?

(Obviously the above is not verbatim, merely my understanding of what JL explained to me).

Speaking to some of our fellow pokercoaching members at the breakfast this morning, most of them did not seem to know this forum is actually even here. Hopefully I've persuaded a couple more people to get involved because I think our little community here is great

So in summary, it's a massive shame there isn't more attention paid to this forum as I feel it's a massively under-utilised learning tool, but I fully understand why this is the case.
        Last edited by LondonImp; 01-10-2020, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• MrFuss
          MrFuss commented
          Editing a comment
          "The forum is very disorganised and would take a lot of work to get it in shape"

It's more disorganized than most forums but still better for hand analysis and technical discussion than discord

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          One of them is back

• Bentley
          Bentley commented
          Editing a comment
          I always thought jjpregler was JL!

How do I get into the discord page. I've tried doing a search but nothing came up. I've only used Discord once before so I'm not familiar with the way it works.

Comment

Yeah, I have yet to see a Discord group that doesn't look like a sh*t show. It's convenient for those that have time constraints but extremely useless for those that are looking to maximize their study times. Forums is where it's at for us looking to study hard.

Comment

i do not care whether a forum is outdated or not , it is way better for hand analysis than a discord channel

but a discord channel is way better to promote products : ) it is similar to a newsletter subsciption and more modern than a newsletter on games

I hope our mod JJ will comeback one day and I feel he will

he gives superstrong advices and he is a top notch coach I guess

Comment

did you know this ?
            FloatTheTurn is not accepting any new signups.

Click here to access your FloatTheTurn.com membership. If you are interested in learning more about Jonathan Little’s Poker Coaching options, visit https://pokercoaching.com

Comment

• kkep
              kkep commented
              Editing a comment
              I actually think that is an error message since we have seen lots of new contributors of late.

BTW I went on discord again the other day and I still don't get it....

• kkep
              kkep commented
              Editing a comment
              Here ya go -
              smurfstomper
              New Forum User
              Last Activity: Today, 03:38 PM

• LondonImp
              LondonImp commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe they are new PokerCoaching members. Not FloatTheTurn members. That was originally a unique product/subscription.

Yeah I think it's been like that for quite a while now mate.

Comment

Kkep tries out everything and belives only when proven to him and one day he will have more posts than Guido

Comment

• kkep
                kkep commented
                Editing a comment
                You always gotta place to stay when u ready for some east coast poker bro

I thought kkep has created a new Account smurfstomper just to try out whether it still works to register lol

Comment

• smurfstomper
                smurfstomper commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope, I'm just new! will do an intro post soon to say hello!

• LondonImp
                LondonImp commented
                Editing a comment
                Which is exactly what kkep would say if he'd set up a new account...

Just kidding, welcome smurfstomper

I used Discord to say I had completed each daily challenge. Each time I posted I thought what the hell is this rubbish???

I actually asked a question a couple of times about my results and it disappeared off screen in seconds as others posted. I watched for a while and nothing in response. I wasn't going to sit there for days on end watching and hoping there might be a reply. And if there was, I didn't get a notification of it which I do here.

I cannot for the life of me think anyone would really think that piece of crap could ever replace the convenience of being able to read a forum thread.

Caveat: Just my opinion of course!

Comment

Working...
              X