How Do we Play This Flop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do we Play This Flop

I feel like I often miss spots that I'm suppose to c/r. I considered doing so but didn't pull the trigger. It worked out this time but what would be the optimal play?

The plan was to c/r blank turns but it checked through....

1st hand of the session

PokerStars - $0.50 NL - Holdem - 7 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 235.22 BB
    SB: 64.58 BB
    Hero (BB): 80 BB
    UTG: 41.06 BB
    UTG+1: 202.2 BB
    MP: 151.76 BB
    CO: 119.42 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7:club: 9:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 2 BB, Hero calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (7.5 BB, 3 players) 7:diamond: 9:heart: J:heart:
    SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 5 BB, SB calls 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Turn: (22.5 BB, 3 players) 2:diamond:
    SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

River: (22.5 BB, 3 players) J:spade:
    SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 7 BB, SB calls 7 BB, fold

UTG+1 shows 5:heart: A:heart: (One Pair, Jacks)
    (Pre 63%, Flop 47%, Turn 29%)
    SB shows 9:diamond: 8:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Nines)
    (Pre 37%, Flop 53%, Turn 71%)
    SB wins 34.68 BB
    Rake paid 1.82 BB

Definitely look to XR here. We're all over this board flop with T8, J9, 97, 99, 77, maybe JJ since villain is EP. And we have plenty bluffs to balance, 86, QT, 65, Tx, and all the heart draws. Villain has sets, some draws, and overpairs. Great situation to XR looking to triple barrel most times.

Comment

A nice factor of raising is you don’t block any of the Jx that can call you.

I don’t think calling is insane multi-way as this is definitely the worst hand we’d check raise for value.

Comment

Check raise flop is what I would plan on. That board is wet enough to go for it. Plus, SB called so you definitely want to charge draws and thin the field.
        Last edited by 1Peter510; 12-02-2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I would x/r the flop. There are plenty of hands and draws to get value from and your hands equity would greatly increase if you were to get heads up. After you x/r you can feel pretty confident you have the best hand if the other players flat which means you can bet large on the turn. I might even go for an over bet. You block 77, 99 and JJ or T8 would play back after you x/r.

I would also make note of +1s line here. Betting NFD 2/3 on the flop, checking turn, bluffing 1/3 river.

Comment

Working...
          X