UTG+1: 116.36 BB
    MP: 102.48 BB
    MP+1: 197.5 BB
    Hero (CO): 378.2 BB
    BTN: 89.5 BB
    SB: 100.68 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:spade: 9:club:

fold, fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (12 BB, 4 players) K:diamond: 9:diamond: 8:diamond:
    SB checks, BB bets 8 BB, fold, Hero

What do you all think about this donk bet?

Just call and try to boat up, plus keep his Ad hands in and let him barrel. If the board runs out and bricks and he checks you can value bet turn or river

Comment

I pretty much hate it! Donk bets are my nemesis. But that said, I would probably raise here with my entire range. Some people only donk with the nuts, but it seems to me when some donks they have more often than not a draw or a top pair type of hand.

If called on the raise I would just try to get to showdown and note what they donked with.

Comment

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate them until I figure out what the player is doing and I hate it even more when I have to figure it our on my dime.

whose idea was it to bring more beginners to the forum ? because that won't help your game .

people assume a great deal .... when they donk bet , they don't have to have A of diamond ... they can have for example , a straight draw,

those hands aren't likely to fire again once flop bet was called multiway.

Comment

• CrazyEddie
        CrazyEddie commented
        Editing a comment
        not familiar with who donk in cash games ... compared to mtt... could be very different ?

I would also prefer folding than calling
    Working...
    X