Interesting Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Spot

In fact I ask Matt to work up something on when or how we should structure our river bluffs when facing a bet. I do this so infrequently.
    Here is one that got through. I figure the V was betting a MM hand, he was bluffing or maybe but less likely a K

Just because this worked I don't really know if it's advised or not. No real clue on optimal bet sizing either.

Looking at this more closely I think I really needed to bet the turn and river to get this through vs a stronger player.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL - Holdem - 8 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG+1: 62.38 BB
    MP: 74.82 BB
    MP+1: 69 BB
    CO: 71.9 BB
    BTN: 94.18 BB
    SB: 84.3 BB
    BB: 96.24 BB
    Hero (UTG): 147.24 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: J:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) 8:club: 5:heart: 6:club:
    SB checks, Hero bets 2.2 BB, SB raises to 7.72 BB, Hero calls 5.52 BB

Turn: (22.44 BB, 2 players) 9:club:
    SB checks, Hero checks

River: (22.44 BB, 2 players) K:spade:
    SB bets 10.66 BB, Hero raises to 24 BB, fold

Hero wins 41.58 BB
    Rake paid 2.18 BB

Last edited by kkep; 11-28-2019, 11:32 AM.

This is an interesting spot.

I like the river bluff, if be cbets the turn what do you do? fold? raise?

Comment

• kkep
      kkep commented
      Editing a comment
      If I'm going to fight for that pot I think that would need to be a raise and probably blast the river

Well, I assume he bets turn with a flush or straight if he check raised with the draw.

I probably bet the turn when he checks figuring he fears the flush.

The K river and flush turn seem reasonable to bluff on. I guess this check-raise flop, check turn, bet river line is common but IMO opens up a lot of bluffs for the in position player especially when a lot of bluffs got there on the turn. Just seems like a marginal hand. I think this hand just convinced me to bluff everytime someone takes that line, especially when I block the Ace high flush.

i think your bet size was great too. Just above a min raise so you aren't just clicking it back and only needs to work 42% of the time. I would guess it works almost every time too.

Comment

Working...
    X