New Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Challenge

I've started a new challenge, play 100K hands 12 tables by Christmas. I started with $100 and going to play 5 to 6 hours a day.

If anyone is interested I'll post results in here?

I'm starting at $0.01/$0.02, will move up when I hit 50 buyins of 0.05/0.10.

If on one cares, well that's okay too.

Good luck James!

Comment

• jamtay317
      jamtay317 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you.

4 tables is my max before my level of play plummets.

Comment

I dont think its possible to play 100K hands in a month playing 4 tables.

Comment

• MrFuss
        MrFuss commented
        Editing a comment
        lol. no i doubt it is.

Well this is the first 10K hands. I will post an update about every 10K 15K.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	214.0 KB ID:	27647

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	27649

Comment

• LondonImp
        LondonImp commented
        Editing a comment
        No mate, whatever you are doing certainly seems to be working well. The graphs would suggest to me that you aren't bluffing very much and going for a lot of thin value instead. This is what I was referring to in my original question. Is this part of the game plan or has it just been a more natural occurrence?

• Dilly
        Dilly commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice work Brotha! Grind it up!

• jamtay317
        jamtay317 commented
        Editing a comment
        In microstakes you should bluff, but you should lean more towards value betting because people will call you down with all sorts of stuff. Check out a hand from this morning. in the post below the comments.

Good luck sir. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Comment

LondonImp This is the hand that I was talking about. However, I think that I should have played it a bit different.

Yatahay Network - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
        Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 90.5 BB
        CO: 159.5 BB
        BTN: 127.5 BB
        Hero (SB): 123.5 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has As: Kh:

fold, BTN raises to 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 8.5 BB, fold, BTN calls 6 BB

Flop: (18 BB, 2 players) 2d: Qs: Qc:
        Hero bets 13.5 BB, BTN calls 13.5 BB

Turn: (45 BB, 2 players) Jc:
        Hero bets 33.5 BB, BTN calls 33.5 BB

River: (112 BB, 2 players) 6d:
        Hero bets 68 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 68 BB

BTN shows 7d: 7h: (Two Pair, Queens and Sevens)
        (Pre 55%, Flop 72%, Turn 70%)
        Hero shows A:spade: K:heart: (One Pair, Queens)
        (Pre 45%, Flop 28%, Turn 30%)
        BTN wins 236 BB

After talking to a coach about this hand, I should have bet smaller maybe 8BB on the flop and just given up on the turn. he said that he was okay with blasting the turn and the river, but If i did bet smaller on the turn so I had more fold equity on the river.

Comment

• LondonImp
          LondonImp commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah it's crazy what people are willing to call down with. It's tough because if you don't follow up with multiple barrels then many villains will just bet straight into you.

A bit of a side note, but I would have gone even lower on the flop than the 8bb suggested. Probably about about 1/3 pot (so 6bb). That means villain would need to defend with 75% of his preflop flatting range to stop us immediately profitting which he is just not going to do on a flop like this which sucks for his range. Even if he does defend correctly, he's going to have a lot more junk in his range (that wouldn't call a 13.5bb c-bet) which will then get out of the way when you blast turn and/or river.

Good luck, i really hope you can achieve your volume goal. i have trouble struggle to get in this volume , maybe when you reach it you can share us more

Comment

Paul Khoo what makes you struggle?

Comment

• Paul Khoo
            Paul Khoo commented
            Editing a comment
            I am in Singapore I don't have much access to online poker. And I used to have access to those hand phone app poker. I did tried to put in high volume. When losing downswing I will often stop and prevent myself from not playing A game. When I win too much in a session I will start to scare one bad beat or cooler to lose back. I think all this mental tilt are stopping me to put in high volume. But when I am winning and upswing i will be more easily to put in volume. The most hard thing for me is when downswing. I can't say I am robot. I have feeling I might know what is the right play but when I keep losing due to variances I also scare I can't stay in A game

• Paul Khoo
            Paul Khoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Btw multi table too much do drop my game standard. I think 4 table is kind of max to me. 2 table I am comfortable
        Working...
        X