proud of my call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proud of my call

yesterday I Made a Call off which I happily want to share. i played a quite high buyin live mtt day1

i didnt make Notes at The table but from the Top of my head :

Hero Position Button , stack

blinds 400/800 (800 BB ante)

villian Position BB stack 11.500 chips

Hero raised with ThTc to 2000

villian called

Flop Jd 3s 6c

villian Checked to the raiser

Hero Checked behind

turn 7s

villian bet 3500

Hero calls Not Happy but thinks he has to call at least one street

river 2h

villian goes allin with his last 6000 chips

Hero tanked and calls

Heros reasoning for calling:

if villian had JJ+ he would have 3 bet me preflop most likely

which Jacks can villian possibly have ? I Block JT very hard.

12 combos of JK, JQ, J9,j8, ? possible but flop was dry , he is supposed to Check call to let my bluffs in , i just thought he Would not have played those Top pair Hands this way oop on this Board.

AJ ? i Guess he is raising preflop.

i Checked and induced possible bluffs by Checking

he stared at me and he clearly wanted me to feel that he is staring at me

i called Because i thought his line doesnt make sense to me if he really had my TT beat

he showed 6d 8h

it was no easy decision Because if has me beat i am left with 2 BB but I think this should not influence my decision here

thoughts ?

is this a Standard call off for you ? do you think why is he Posting such an easy Spot? when he Checks back villian gets induced to bluff so easy easy call ?
    Last edited by Guido; 11-03-2019, 04:16 AM.

idk if it's a standard call or not

You did leave 76 out of his range tho and you counted his combos wrong. He would have 63 combos
    given the hands you listed and when we include JT(6) and 76(9)

Comment

Assuming villain jams any pair and AJ preflop, checks the flop always, and bets the turn and river like this with his pairs of 6's or better, you are ahead of over half of his range with 24% pot odds. Seems like an easy call there.

Probably worth noting, he does have about 121 combos of hands that beat you when he bets the turn. He called from BB, so has 54, 63s, 73s, & 76 in his range plus 91 combos of J's (J2s+, J5o+, exclude JJ & AJ).

Now, is it reasonable to expect him to bet with a pair of 6's (I know it is what he did, but do most players do that)? Maybe.

I feel like most players could take this line with a 7, so you are still ahead of 37% of his range and still a pretty easy call.

Comment

Working...
      X