Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrazyEddie
    commented on 's reply
    this particular player might be experimenting something here.... I don't think solid player would jam .. why bingo ? that goes against "solid" ...
    jamming is for people who can not play post flop .. out of fear ... unexploitable =

how wide ? he should know ... he was on the table. I make a point to everyone know

• 1Peter510
    commented on 's reply
    How wide you calling?

How does he know you call that wide?

KJs is in the top 10% of hands, so what jamming range do you see as being solid here?

• CrazyEddie
    commented on 's reply
    I think foolish.... with 25BB stack who might not fold ... and me in the BB .. ( I call wide )

now if it had come from some random player ... I wouldn't give it a second thought ...
    Last edited by CrazyEddie; 10-30-2019, 11:25 PM.

• 1Peter510
    commented on 's reply
    Another way to look at it is that KJs is way to strong to fold, so his options are to call, raise, or jam.

If he calls, you can squeeze very wide and he has to fold against a range he probably has good equity against but can't risk busting.

If he raises, you can 4bet him all in with a pretty wide range and he can't defend with that hand.

If he jams, your range will be much more narrow than either of the above if you play. And 80%-90% of the time you fold.

• 1Peter510
    commented on 's reply
    CrazyEddie they are in the tools on pokercoaching.com.

I typically go with the shortest stack in those situations figuring that is who I am most likely playing against. Not sure what is correct though.

As to calling off wide, say you call with top 10% of hands, that means you fold 90% of the time and the 10% of the time you call, he has 35% equity. The wider you call off, the more equity he has when you call. If you call with about 18% of hands, he is break even in the pot when you call and prints money when you fold.

His biggest concern is if the opener is in the top portion of his range, but still will have 12bb if he gets called and loses.

• CrazyEddie
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting ... where did u find this chart ? He actually had 37BB ... and he had to worry about 2 players ... If short stack ( 25BB ) was raise not folding .. he was in rough shape ... on top of ' big stack might call wide here ' with 2 bounties on the line.
    Last edited by CrazyEddie; 10-30-2019, 11:19 AM.

• 1Peter510
    replied
    The 25bb gto charts show KJs as an all in from SB vs an open from any position.

i guess it is because it blocks AK & KK that would call, has good equity against the likely calling range, and keeps the BB out of the pot.

And, he doesn't want to just call and have your massive stack squeeze him out. His only play with you to his left is to jam a lot.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyEddie
    started a topic anyone understanding this 3bet jam ?

anyone understanding this 3bet jam ?

bounty tournament ... stage important .. I can't recall... blinds : 100/200

MP opens 2x from 25BB stack. Action folds to SB, who 3bet ships 37BB with KJs into me ( big blind , 130BB ) . I fold J4s.

MP calls AQo and loses.

Small blind is a good reg ... must have a good reason.
Working...
X