X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have a mandatory flop bet?

2-5 1k cap, 1k eff
    Hero opens in mp to $20 8s9s, co, btn, and blind call
    flop ($100) Qd9d8d, blinds check, do we have a mandatory bet here?

I don't think so. I think check-call is fine this deep. This hand looks marginal to me in a MW pot on a board that smacks everyone. You're not getting any of the draws to fold with a bet, and you could easily be behind/dead already. You're charging draws sure, but other than a 9, 8, or offsuit rag all other turn and river cards are potentially bad for you. If you could deny equity on these by getting folds betting has merit, but I don't think you do that here.

Comment

In a pot this multiway I don't think it's mandatory at all. Against this many opponents there are so many turn cards that could put you in a horrible spot and it's not unrealistic to suggest there is a fairly good chance we are already behind so I would not be looking to bloat the pot.

I would be pot controlling here and trying to get a free turn card so I can re-evaluate.

Comment

Against 4 other players, I would check and likely fold to any flop bet. Just an 8.5% chance of hitting a boat on the turn and the only worse hands that bet are flush draws which could have lots of equity.

Comment

• 1Peter510
          1Peter510 commented
          Editing a comment
          reeeeeeper. Hands I like defending more than 89s:

Flushes (JT, 9 ace high, 2 K high, plus 7d6d & 6d5d = 14 combos)
          Sets (9 combos)
          A high flush draws (15 combos)
          K high flush draws (12 combos)
          J high flush draws (9 combos)
          T high flush draws (6 combos)
          Q9s (3 combos)
          JTs of chs (3 combos)

71 out of 215 combos = 33% defense rate. Adding 89s bumps it up to 34.5% defense. What else would you defend with?

• reeeeeeper
          reeeeeeper commented
          Editing a comment
          You're going to be betting a bunch of those though, I'm talking about check-calling range, it fits right in. Thinking about it though, might range this later.
          Last edited by reeeeeeper; 10-28-2019, 05:20 PM.

• reeeeeeper
          reeeeeeper commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, it makes a difference who bets. If button bets after everyone checks, I definitely can't see folding being good.

Not x folding to a single bet, but x/call seems like the play there

Comment

Think it is mandatory bet . I stand alone again ?

Comment

• 1Peter510
            1Peter510 commented
            Editing a comment
            When you bet, how do you respond to a raise?

When called, what do you do on the turn when it isn't an 8,9, or d (71.5% of the time)?

• Deadmoney_V
            Deadmoney_V commented
            Editing a comment
            if We bet and get raised, we can call a raise if we are closing the action the flop but with players in between we aren’t gonna like it

• CrazyEddie
            CrazyEddie commented
            Editing a comment
            if raised on that flop by the blinds... I might put in 3bt .. ( non all in ) ... really depends ...

if my flop bet got called... don't need 8 or 9 ... bet or chk turn ... depends what comes ... I think different people would bet or chk different turns here.

I'm not going to not bet the flop out of fear for a raise .... is what I 'm saying.
        Working...
        X