Hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked

If you didn’t get the email yet then change your password. I had a feeling this site got hacked. I Suggested just that to a mod a few days ago.

For the record I think they are still having some serious issues.

I just changed my password, I use a vault which also generates and saves my passwords.

I logged out and couldn't log back in. It returned a message saying that my password was invalid.

I closed my browser and re-opend this page and I was already logged in.

That shouldn't have happened!

Comment

Quite frankly this is bullshit.

​​​​​​Apparently it's affected everyone who has ever even entered a competition or downloaded a free ebook from the site. Not just us members.

Comment

What's really pissed me off is the fact that it's taken 9 days since they were informed of a potential breach to let us know that our details have been accessed. What else could have happened since then? Pokercoaching was taking a risk, wanting to avoid reputational damage but it was our personal details they were gambling with. They had no right. For once, this isn't poker...

Comment

Dam fking right I’m also pissed it’s taken 9 days, fking 9 days, what the fk man. I’ve sent them a very pissed email stating about this. Imagine if this was a bank and they waited 9 days to tell us. Not fking happy at all.

Comment

I wrote to support about my latest issue about 12 hours ago now and still no response.

I couldn't get on for a while last night with my new UN/PW BUT here I am automatically logged in with my old UN and PW.

I'm not mad at them because this is how it's done. Our financial information wasn't compromised and my personal information has been stolen at least 1/2 dozen times from data hacks at Yahoo, Home Depot, EQUIFAX etc. Our personal shit is on the dark web, whether we like it or not. The main thing you all should do to protect yourselves from being hacked is make sure you don't use a common PW from one site to the next. That should be obvious but I know plenty of people who still only use 1 PW.

I've been online since 1992 and have never had a computer virus nor have I ever been hacked. I actually taught myself how to design websites and my first one was so popular it was sold after I let it expire back in like 2005 http://kenkeppol.com/. This means I still have tons of hyperlinks out there driving traffic to the website. Someone in Japan bought (in 2005) and it's still active today. It seems to be a gaming a site today. but it's been resold a few times If I only knew, ugh.

For security I've bee using Last Pass (password vault) for about 4 years now and works great with FireFox and on my IOS.
            My favorite AV Software is actually free too, AVG. I've been using them for god probably over 15 years. If any malware was placed on this site I would shocked to learn that AVG missed it, even with the free version.
            Last edited by kkep; 10-16-2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• MrFuss
              MrFuss commented
              Editing a comment
              +1 for lastpass. its essential

I'm starting to think JL is using a no frills IT crew. I still can not reset my password. I clearly explained to them the issue and all they
            did was send me another reset link.
            The issue is that when I signed up I used a username and not my email address. The reset link forces me to use my username
            (not my email) and enter a new password. That is standard.

However when I try to log in after the reset the system doesn't recognize that has valid. It wants my email address for the username
            and not my registered username WTF

Is anyone else having this issue?

Yet here I am. I can only get on the forum by clicking links I got via email notifications of posts I subscribed too. From here I can
            access FTT (which I guess is what the forum is) but I can't access Poker Coaching dot com ie the tools, rewards etc.
            Last edited by kkep; 10-16-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• jamtay317
              jamtay317 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was able to change mine

• kkep
              kkep commented
              Editing a comment
              jamtay317 Were you registered with an email address as your username or a random username?

• jamtay317
              jamtay317 commented
              Editing a comment
              Email address

My last response from them. It's as if they didn't even read my message!

Hi kkeppol,

This notice confirms that your password was changed on PokerCoaching.com.

If you did not change your password, please contact the Site Administrator at support@pokercoaching.com

They also didn't address the fact that I can access this forum via old links that have me logged in under my username
            and a my old password that has been changed about 6 times now

Comment

• MrFuss
              MrFuss commented
              Editing a comment
              clear your cookies? *runs away

• kkep
              kkep commented
              Editing a comment
              MrFuss haha that would have been worse in this case. It's all fixed now. I spoke with Brian from support.

So in order to make PC dot com and this forum appear seamless they are actually using a legacy cookie that remembers us and and keeps us logged into the forum. We can expect more changes over the next few weeks and probably some hoops to jump through as they complete the platform changes.

After we sign up the first time we use the forum they ask us to register here too. I used a username and not my email. PC dot com doesn't use usernames. So I sort have two different accounts. Anyway after we log in we get a legacy cookie that is good for about 6 months.

So when they were sending me reset links I was getting them fro the forum and I wasn't aware that it wouldn't work for the coaching site.

IOW we can log into PC dot com and navigate from there to here because of that cookie. BUT if we are not properly logged into PC we can NOT go from the Forum to PC.

I finally got the reset link for PC and I'm squared away.

• MrFuss
              MrFuss commented
              Editing a comment
              glad you got it sorted

Ever since they shut down the forum (which I assume was connected to the breach) the forum has been running terribly. It's extremely slow to load and at times unusable.

Comment

• kkep
              kkep commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I noticed that too. Supposedly this Forum wasn't hacked tho.

I would respond in the home game thread but

Click image for larger version

Name:	wtf.png
Views:	34
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	25545

Comment

I don't remember if I brought this to their attention back in July or not...

Comment

Working...
              X