Great hand facing a bet and raise from OOP. 10NL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great hand facing a bet and raise from OOP. 10NL

I've got it all with top pair, OESD and BDFD but Im facing a bet and raise. Whats the line here? Both villains are 21/15/6

$0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players

CO (CO): 72.5 BB
    BTN (BTN): 118.1 BB
    Hero (BB): 242.8 BB

Dealt to Hero: JcTc

CO raises to 3.5 BB, BTN calls 3.5 BB, Hero calls 2.5 BB

Flop (11 BB, 3 players): Ts9h8c

Hero checks, CO bets 6.9 BB, BTN raises to 27.8 BB, Hero?

fold you are crushed by at least 1 range and the other one has probably at least a lot of equity

you dont have the necessary immediate odds nor the necessary implied odds to call also no fold equity for raising . just fold, dont overplay such spots

Comment

At this point I have to believe we need to make a str8 to win and a J may actually end up being a bad card for us.

It's a 4x raise in position so he is kind of allowing us to play well and get away from our hand.

Also if we call and the CO decides to 3-bet we are screwed.

I don't know if we are crushed or not but I'm going to let this one go just the same.

One last point. I think JTs is a decent hand to 3-bet at least some portion of the time in this spot after the Bu cold calls.
      Last edited by kkep; 10-14-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with kkep. I believe that we may be behind here, however, I do not want to fold with the amount of equity that we have here.

Comment

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          We need about 40% equity. I would guess that even if the CO C-bet to wide and the Bu raised with some hands that we can out draw or may be ahead of like say JT (chop) J9 we still only have about 25% equity.

Against such a large raise from the BTN we can just let this one go. Facing this action our hand is marginal at best and we have no idea what turn cards, if any, are actually good for us. By calling we could be opening ourselves up to a very nasty reverse-implied odds scenario.

As kkep mentions, the raise size is basically a mistake by the BTN as this allows us to play our hand well. If his raise had been to 18-20bb we would be in a much tougher spot.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	JT1.png
Views:	19
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	25357

These are the ranges Im giving CO and BTN. RFI stats for CO are 27% and I dont have a big enough sample for BTN cold call. I think he could be opening wider here but I kept it reasonable and weighted some hands he may 3bet or fold 50%.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JT2.png
Views:	18
Size:	507.4 KB
ID:	25358 Here's the action I've assigned for CO and BTN leaving us with 35% equity getting 38% to call. Its really close with possible RIO in play and the CO left to act.

Comment

• kkep
            kkep commented
            Editing a comment
            I had about the same Co range but a much tighter cold calling range but your range seems reasonable. I was lazy and just used what Equilab spit out for the Bu.

If I am reading it right, it looks like the Jc & Tc haven't been taken out of BTN raising range.

Also it looks like you have BTN raising with Q9, J9, J8 and all his 7's. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't but I think the analysis is better if you take them out (improves your margin of error).

if I am right about Jc & Tc and you remove him raising with marginal hands and the bottom end of a straight draw, how does the equity look?

Comment

• MrFuss
            MrFuss commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah it looks like JcTc is removed from the opponents ranges. You can see in the bottom corner of the combo it only lists 3. Since my range is exactly that combo I think it removes it from the others.

And I agree he's probably not raising with 77. It at least needs some frequency discount. I mostly just used the default filters and didnt take the time to go through the combos individually.

• 1Peter510
            1Peter510 commented
            Editing a comment
            Should be 2 combos of JTs since the Tc and Ts are out.

I would take out the 7's (A7, 97, 87, 77), 76 makes sense since it is the low straight. If leaving any in, A7 of s,h,c seem ok.
            Last edited by 1Peter510; 10-15-2019, 02:40 AM.

• MrFuss
            MrFuss commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yeah, you're right. Ill have to check that out.

Oh right, the action.... I jammed. Both opponents folded. My thought in game was that I was probably behind but had at least 25-30% equity and the best way to realize that equity was to jam.

Comment

Working...
          X