Interesting Solver spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Solver spot

One way I've adopted studying my hands is I completely run through them as a homework assignment then run it in PioSolver.

Here is the scenario:

your playing 0.02/0.05 6max online your on the BTN with JsTs. LJ raises 0.15 you call.

the flop comes Th9s5c
    LJ raises 0.31
    LJ stats VPIP 34 PFR 5 300 hands
    What do you do?

Well, this is where I usually start the homework challenge.
    I did this and to my surprise, I got this result.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	25047
    It's actually saying fold ATs, and staying with AsTs.
    So I asked my self why would it suggest that?

I looked into the range explorer and found
    It actually looks like JTs is the only +ev spot except for the sets here.

Views:	20
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	25048

which I would assume that is because its easier to fold JTs vs ATs.

What is your opinion on this?

From what I can tell from your images above ATs is pretty much break even in this situation (-0.094).

In position against a microstakes opponent we are likely to over realise equity and there is simply no way I am ever folding it facing this action.

Comment

Could be that AsTs blocks a lot of Ace high combos and the backdoor nut flush draws that villain could be bluffing with making the bet more weighted to value (As blocks 27 combos, Js blocks 14). This assumed LJ (who raises very tight) is raising J9s and KJo which may not be in the range.

Also, JT has backdoor straight draws to go with the backdoor flush draws, increasing the chances of improving.

Comment

PIO is only as good as the information you provide it. I think your LJ opening range is way off regardless of the effective stack which you failed to tell us.
        I think your calling range from the Button is super tight as well. It appears the H started with 67BB.

Comment

kkep Yes, you're correct about pio only being as good as the information that you put in it. How can you tell what range that I gave the LJ, I never posted that. I have the effictive stacks 200BB, and if you look at the JustGTO 6max calling from the button charts you will see they match the above range.

AS far as the LJs range, I have it at 5% of hands which over 300 hands is what his PFR is. it looks something like:

Views:	18
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	25073

So how is this wrong?

Comment

The first chart is showing IP(H) has 995. Yes 200BB I thought the BB was .15. The second chart shows the ranges. Although I cant read the combos I can see the chart and I'm familiar enough to know what hands were played.

I suspect in micro stakes it could be much wider - Likely many more suited hands and Ax at the very least.

Here is our 6Max LJ Open range -

I missed K8s so add those combos too

Last edited by kkep; 10-08-2019, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X