Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player on your right basically showing you their cards. Etiquette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player on your right basically showing you their cards. Etiquette?

Yesterday while playing 1/3 the player on my right had terrible technique when looking at his cards. It was almost comical because he would cup his hands and lean his head down to look "under" the cup but most of the time I could easily see both cards unless I looked away.

After some googling most responses said this was an edge and it's the players fault for not protecting his hand. What do you do here?

I let him know. If he doesn't fix it, I take advantage.

Comment

I always tell the them. I'm a big Karma guy

Comment

Let them know. Then if they keep doing it, let them know again a bit more insistently. If they still do it, I try not to look but if I see something I might tell the table what I saw and hopefully the embarrassment of it will get them to stop at that point.

Comment

I would say something to them.

Comment

I did say something to this player who had been drinking and became confrontational about it

Comment

Well, to me that is him giving you permission to take his money.

Comment

• MrFuss
                MrFuss commented
                Editing a comment
                He did not change his technique and I actually was involved in a hand with him later in the night. I knew his hole cards and called down with 99 when there were overs and I knew he had a busted flush draw. It felt dirty even though I could have really punished him by raising the flop or turn. I decided to just call down and fold if he hit. It was a very awkward spot.
                Last edited by MrFuss; 10-07-2019, 10:25 PM.

• Bentley
                Bentley commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol. I felt dirty.
                You warned him, he still did it. Tough for him I say.

Originally posted by MrFuss View Post
              I did say something to this player who had been drinking and became confrontational about it
              I had the same experience. Guy was very angry and accused me of cheating.

Comment

• MrFuss
                MrFuss commented
                Editing a comment
                This is why I even questioned whether or not to say anything. After reflection I think its the right thing to do. The other players and dealer recognized what was happening and I dont think anyone thought I was in the wrong. I would say something again in a similar situation.

Tell him once, after that it's on him.

Comment

Let them know. Then if they keep doing it, let them know again a bit more insistently. If they still do it, I try not to look but if I see something I might tell the table what I saw and hopefully the embarrassment of it will get them to stop at that point.

Comment

Working...
                X