Playing a Tight Player in SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing a Tight Player in SB

I would like to do this as a Homework Assignment. I am going to post my thoughts next.

Suppose you're playing online microstakes 6max it folds to you in the CO with 150bb, what is your strategy?

Suppose you raise3bb and the SB who is playing VPIP:17 PFR:15 3Bet :11 150 hands calls. The Flop comes AhKs9h.
    What is your strategy?
    Last edited by jamtay317; 10-04-2019, 05:20 AM.

Suppose you're playing online microstakes 6max it folds to you in the CO with 150bb, what is your strategy?

Suppose you raise 3bb and the SB who is playing VPIP:17 PFR:15 3Bet :11 150 hands calls. The Flop comes AhKs9h.
    What is your strategy?

I would like to hear your thoughts about declaring marginal made hands like TT-QQ here.
    I would also like to hear your thoughts about Checking AT and AJ here.

Comment

I think betting everything could make sense here. You have the range and the nut advantage, so should be betting large and often. Pretty much all of your range is a made hand or reasonable draw. Maybe a pot size bet with the entire range?

If you are going to have a checking range:

TT-QQ are marginal made hands and checking is good.

For AJ & AT, you will have to start bluffing bottom pairs if you want the 2:1 bluff:value ratio so checking seems like the way to go. Plus, having them in your checking range protects that range.

I would definitely add the 8d7d and 7d6d in as a bluff. And would add 44 in as a bluff too.

Comment

I don't think Q8s-Q6s, J8s, and T8s-T7s of clubs and diamonds are draws here. They are only backdoor gutshots which I wouldn't even class as a draw.

What this means is that you actually have far less drawing hands than the 74 counted in your range image above. This means you are a long way from the ideal 2:1 bluff to value we should be looking to achieve on this flop.

The solution? Either bet your entire range here as suggested by 1Peter510 (although I am very much against the large bet size suggested), or reign in some of your premium hands. If you choose some of these to check instead of bet (sorry, don't have the time to look at the actual numbers) you have the double benefit of being more balanced and also protecting/strengthening your checking range.

[EDIT: you actually have slightly different flops in your OP to your range image. AhKs9h - AhKd9h. Not a big deal, just didn't want my remark about suits to be confusing.]

[EDIT: In your first range image, you accidentally included the flop as dead cards. If these were removed it would show you opening a wider % than is currently showing.]
        Last edited by LondonImp; 10-04-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• jamtay317
          jamtay317 commented
          Editing a comment
          thank you! I will revisit this and post the update.
      Working...
      X