C-Bet Sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-Bet Sizing

Should c-bet sizing target your opponent's range or should it be based on hero's range advantage? For example: 100BB effective. Hero raises Button and the BB calls. Flop AK5. Should BTN size a value bet 33% to 50% pot to target the opponent's calling range or mainly c-bet large 60% to 75% pot because of the PFR range advantage for more +EV?

The podcast mentioned here is episode 69 of �the grind� from crush live poker. He discusses large sizing for the above situation @10:44. If anyone has a CLP membership, you can listen and let me know what you think. Thanks
    Last edited by neonegyptdrums; 10-13-2019, 10:55 AM.

Cbet sizing should be based on the frequency of your betting. If you are betting your entire range, your bet size should be 25% to 33% pot. If you are betting a large portion of your premium hands (tpgk+) and draws, bet around 2/3 pot. If you are betting the nuts (2pr+) and a small number of bluffs, which I don't suggest on the flop, I'd overbet.

Comment

The most important thing is always the Opponents range Not only when decide the cbet sizing

Regarding range advantage . If you have it you should bet frequently and quite small

roughly 25-35% potsize on dry Boards

roughly 35% - 45% potsize on Medium wet Boards and

roughly 66 % -75% potsize on wet Boards

if you have a range disadvantage you should bet infrequently and big . However Most often Checking to Check raise or Check call is Superior often times here

so you should look at any Board and Consider a default sizing when Betting.

then you can deviate from it depending on how you range villian and what are you trying to accomplish.

for instance you have KdQd 60 BB effectively heads up you button villian sb villian Checks to you in Flop

Board 9dTs7s

here you should bet infrequently and big Because the Board is wet and you should not have the range advantage

so if you bet you want to be quite polar but with lots of marginal Hands you want Check back Because villian calls from the small blind with a lot of 22-99 and Hands that Flop 2 pairs , sd and fd.. villians range is just to dangerous to cbet light here often

However with your exact Hand you should bet big in this wet Board Because you have lots of equity

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
        The most important thing is always the Opponents range Not only when decide the cbet sizing

Regarding range advantage . If you have it you should bet frequently and quite small

roughly 25-35% potsize on dry Boards

roughly 35% - 45% potsize on Medium wet Boards and

roughly 66 % -75% potsize on wet Boards

if you have a range disadvantage you should bet infrequently and big . However Most often Checking to Check raise or Check call is Superior often times here

so you should look at any Board and Consider a default sizing when Betting.

then you can deviate from it depending on how you range villian and what are you trying to accomplish.

for instance you have KdQd 60 BB effectively heads up you button villian sb villian Checks to you in Flop

Board 9dTs7s

here you should bet infrequently and big Because the Board is wet and you should not have the range advantage

so if you bet you want to be quite polar but with lots of marginal Hands you want Check back Because villian calls from the small blind with a lot of 22-99 and Hands that Flop 2 pairs , sd and fd.. villians range is just to dangerous to cbet light here often

However with your exact Hand you should bet big in this wet Board Because you have lots of equity

Thanks Guido, I was just listening to a podcast from another coaching website and they were saying that the solvers are saying to bet large with the range advantage like in my original example regardless of the caller's range. I see the nuance when I look at your strategy above, but with your strategy, it seems you would still recommend a large 66-75% pot bet on my example of AK5 as the PFR correct?

Comment

• Bentley
          Bentley commented
          Editing a comment
          This depends on what parameters they put into the solver, what options of bet size they gave it etc. It doesn't seem logical to always bet big

Think about it... you have the range advantage, you bet big, so I'm just going to fold. If you bet small, I might stick around with some junk.

• Guido
          Guido commented
          Editing a comment
          From the quiz here postflop classes quotedBet frequently with a small sizing. With a large range advantage, you should usually bet frequently using a small sizing. This is also valid to the Board you originally Posted

Perhaps you misunderstood something on the Podcast . I dont get why I should be large with a range advantage at least on dry Boards. I usually want to have calls with a range advantage .

You can dm me and then I would listen to the Podcast. Perhaps we can Clarify it then

I also get a bit unclear what to do on scenarios like at 100bb I open QJs from the CO, BB calls. Flop J73r. This seems to be pretty dry with maybe some gunshots or weaker pairs in villain's range. I am not sure to size large or small here. I would think small to get called by weaker junk hands, but is half pot ok?

Comment

• Guido
          Guido commented
          Editing a comment
          It is Medium dry i would say bet roughly 35% - 45% potsize

• neonegyptdrums
          neonegyptdrums commented
          Editing a comment
          Guido, this is what I thought as well, so on quiz 49 I chose to c-bet 200 into 650 (30%), but this was "wrong." JL suggested 62% on this board. Is this to emphasize the concept of betting larger into a wild caller?
          Last edited by neonegyptdrums; 10-04-2019, 04:53 PM.

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't looked at the quiz but I suspect JL likes that size bc a lot of players will continue on the flop pretty wide and it doesn't hurt if we fold out some of the weaker Ax and Kx combos.

Comment

The podcast mentioned here is episode 69 of �the grind� from crush live poker. He discusses large sizing for the above situation @10:44. If anyone has a CLP membership, you can listen and let me know what you think. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X