X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool hand for the people

Ignition - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 91.86 BB (VPIP: 41.46, PFR: 41.46, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 41)
    UTG: 0 BB (VPIP: 17.07, PFR: 4.88, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 42)
    CO: 104.5 BB (VPIP: 30.00, PFR: 17.50, 3Bet Preflop: 10.53, Hands: 41)
    Hero (BTN): 130.28 BB
    SB: 385.85 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 4.76, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 42)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) BB has ???

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:diamond: 5:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5.5 BB, 2 players) 6:club: 4:heart: Q:heart:
    BB checks, Hero bets 3.25 BB, BB calls 3.25 BB

Turn: (12 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
    BB bets 6.94 BB, Hero calls 6.94 BB

River: (25.88 BB, 2 players) J:club:
    BB bets 11.78 BB, Hero ???

edit:
    Here are my notes on the player/ other relevant HUD stuff

CO vs BB Q42cc 8c 50% call 3.5x //fold to 40%
    CO Vs BTN BB QT2cc 7 8 xr vs ~ 60% BTN calls//67%//~70% jam QQ

AFq 35 (6/17) and no recorded leads on any street
    Last edited by BootsMollie; 09-27-2019, 05:52 AM.

Preflop is fine.

I would give a villan a range something like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flop.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	24744
    Flop: I don't like the CBet on the Flop.
    I would say that I like a check on the flop, ask yourself what am I getting called by?
    Any Pair which mostly beats you
    Straight Draws which have some of your 5s to improve
    Flush Draws which you do block, and most likely if you're called by a flush draw they have 2 overs plus a flush draw.

so adding these filters to Flopzilla you are now behind
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Flop.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	24745
    as you can see you're equity now drops down to 32% where if you just check your equity is 55%

The turn is the 8h
    The turn I think is fine.

I think the river is just a clear check. you're only going to get called by better and you have some equity that you can win. you may get something like 77 or 99 to fold but that is a very small percentage of his range.

Comment

• BootsMollie
      BootsMollie commented
      Editing a comment
      My opponent bet the river by the way so checking may be difficult

The flop I agree, checking should be fine but my reasons for betting were protection; potentially opening up bluffing opportunities on later streets vs hands like 6x or underpairs to the queen; also having two fives and a heart in my hand does block many of my opponent's calling hands meaning I am more likely to have reasonable fold equity with my flop bet. My plan (which my opponent proceeded to ruin) was to check probably every turn then call a river bet on a safe river.

Checking hands like JJ/TT is a better option in this situation because there are fewer bad turn cards; if you look at some solver output for similar situations you would probably see JJ betting ~5% of the time and that percentage gradually increasing to maybe 50 or more as you move through to the lower pairs

What would you do facing the river bet?
      Last edited by BootsMollie; 09-27-2019, 06:43 AM.

• jamtay317
      jamtay317 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would fold the river every time.
      I miss read this hand, I would fold the turn too.

• BootsMollie
      BootsMollie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah wouldn't fault you for folding either street. However my thinking was that
      a) most players would xr with a strong flush, perhaps xr all flushes at some frequency; or check call and xr river. If you were in my opponent's shoes, would you lead here with the nuts? Maybe, maybe not

I actually figured his most likely hand would be a strong heart, or pair plus heart; OR some kind of weird block with a queen or a weaker two pair. Given what I think on the turn I either have the best hand or a lot of equity, and then I tank called on the river. Most worried about seeing two pair really. Opponent shows Ad Kh

Comment

• BootsMollie
      BootsMollie commented
      Editing a comment
      I did think about raising turn and river briefly but not very seriously

Would you ever expect to see our opponent floating then leading turn as a bluff with a heart? Or value betting with a queen because they think I will check back a lot/ blocking with a queen because they expect me to use a polarising size here sometimes (which I would) and they want to set a price? (Bad play but you do see it)
      Potentially blocking with 86?

I wanted to see if anyone would call this river is why I posted, what do you reckon to a call

Don't know if a down bet is allowed here either but I could find out; I imagine you want to have two sizes a small and a large. Plus checking

• jamtay317
      jamtay317 commented
      Editing a comment
      I totaly agree with what you're saying about folding turn. I miss read what the hand history and thought he was betting, not calling.

Calling the river here is horrible, especially at microstakes where opponents categorically do not bluff enough.

Okay, credit where credit is due and you made the correct decision here, but in the long run I would say this is a very -ve EV play.

In reality this hand should never have got past the turn.

The pre-flop open is standard, and I like the cbet on the flop for all the reasons I just described here: https://forum.pokercoaching.com/foru...tting-multiway.

Once we get to the turn and our opponent donks into us this is just a straightforward fold - we have so many hands with which to defend.

[EDIT: I hope the tone of this post doesn't sound rude; I'm at work and probably shouldn't be on the forum so typing quick ]

Comment

Working...
    X