$2/3 NLHE Top & Bottom UTG+1 open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2/3 NLHE Top & Bottom UTG+1 open

Last hand I posted was top & bottom pair, but this situation is a bit different.

$2/3 ~$250 eff, afternoon session
    UTG+1 As4s
    UTG loose straightforward limps $3
    Hero UTG+1 raises to $13
    HJ 50's European LAG (V1) calls
    CO Young Asian TAG (V2) calls
    UTG calls
    (All opponents standard, not insane or super bad, not super strong.)

Pot $50
    Flop Ac8h4h
    Hero bets $25
    V1 raises to $60
    V2 cold calls $60
    Hero?

I wasn't worried about raising the UTG limp because he's not tricky. I felt fine raising A4s because no one at the table was very good (except the guy directly to my left, and he wasn't getting in my way much).
    Last edited by reeeeeeper; 09-06-2019, 01:56 PM. Reason: flipped right and left

Raising pre here is fine. You have a very playable suited Ax hand that can flop well. I prefer raising over limping behind in these spots with our playable range. The one downfall of raising these suited AX hand pre is that IF we have the effective stack of under 100bb it limits our playability post flop if called multi-way due to the shallow SPR.

I would lean towards a larger sizing on the flop against this many villains. You have a strong hand in a multi-way pot, build up the pot on the flop. Against players who are standard, get money in on the flop when you have a strong hand. It is very unlikely they are paying much attention to your sizings. You can also get more value here when villains hold all the AQ, AJ, AT, A9 combo's.

As played, this seems like a pretty standard shove spot with these stack sizes. I don't like calling OOP and facing heat on the turn and I think folding is just too soft in this spot as we will be ahead a decent percentage of the time.

You are behind sets (88 and 44) and you block a set of 44's. You are also behind A8 and a combo draw hand like AhTh, but everything else we are ahead of. And if the players are not very good, they could be fairly wide here.

When action folds to you there is $195 in the pot and effectively there is less than $200. It would be helpful to know the other stack sizes, for example is one of these players that raised or cold called very deep or are they effective?

If we jam I would not expect to get many folds with shorter stacks as the odds they will be getting will be pretty tempting.

V1 could be raising with a hand like AQ, AJ or some kind of draw that we are ahead of.

V2 could have a very strong draw or strong Ax type hand that we are ahead of. His call is a bit concerning after a c-bet multi-way and 3-bet, considering you label him as Tight and Aggressive.

All in all, I would not expect to be ahead here all of the time when we get it in, but the strength of our hand in combo with he size of the pot and money behind warrants a shove.

Now if we are much deeper and V2 is also deeper, we need to reconsider our actions. Its hard to break down the numbers of a jam without knowing exactly how deep we are and the villains involved.
    Last edited by JredA; 09-06-2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• reeeeeeper
      reeeeeeper commented
      Editing a comment
      I am effective, V's have about $400 & $300 respectively.

reeeeeeper

Gotcha....

This makes it a fairly easy jam IMO.

When action gets back to us we have roughly $200 behind and there is $200 in the pot. If we jam and only get called by only 1 villain (V1 or V2) we would need 33% equity.

Even against a snug range that consists of sets, 2 pair (A8 & A4), AQ+, some combo AhXh hands and a few KhXh draws we are getting almost 48%.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 3.26.39 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	931.3 KB ID:	23877

This does not even include hands like AT and A9 suited which also might be in their ranges and we are way ahead of them. (I for some reason left out AhJh, but it does not change the equities much).

IF we get called by both V1 and V2 we are risking $200 to the $800. Meaning we only need 25% equity.

Lets give V2 a super tight range of AQ+, AhXh combo draws, and 1 gut shot to the straight flush (6h7h), and all 2 pair combo's.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_4698.png Views:	4 Size:	957.7 KB ID:	23878

We are basically right at the breakeven mark at 24%.

In general whenever I run ranges and equities in cash games and I am getting right at or better than the price needed against super tight or worst case scenario ranges....it's a pretty easy call (barring reads or exploits). This is not even factoring in the occasional bluff or spew we see so often at these stakes.
    Last edited by JredA; 09-06-2019, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• reeeeeeper
      reeeeeeper commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the deep analysis. I did end up going all-in. Part of why I asked this question originally is because I was wondering if there's any merit to just calling. The more I thought about it though the more horrible that play seems. If the cold-caller is on some sort of draw, we keep him in to see a card where otherwise we most likely knock him out of the hand by going all-in.

Again, thanks for the equity run-down, I should do worst case scenario runs more often, it's pretty illustrative. FWIW they both folded, V1 only after tanking first and afterwards said he had AQ and I believe him.

• JredA
      JredA commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats a strong fold w/ AQ. Make a mental note on that player. This would have been a good spot to shove a hand like 9hTh or JhTh, etc. Basically your draws to balance out your range. If your able to get someone to fold AQ here w/ your draws, that great.
Working...
X