Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How you like my aggressive flop & turn line ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you like my aggressive flop & turn line ?

too be honest I almost only paid attention to bet sizes , not to effective stack sizes , thats why I had not t least a potsize bet left on turn

oop I wanted to raise more than 3x on flop but if I had paid more attention to effective stack sizes I could have raised to perhaps to 850 instead of 1000, then I would have closer to a potsize left

do you think regarding effective stack sizes it could be better to lead flop and jam turn ?

JL once said between 30-45 BB is a good leading stack size , whereas under 30 BB and more than 45 BB is a good check raise stack size

Online Tournament , $10.27+$0.73 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (50/100) -

6-max Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: Button Villian (4047 in chips) 40 BB, stats only 6 hands
    Seat 2: SB (2692 in chips) 27 BB
    Seat 3: BB Hero (3235 in chips) 32 BB
    Seat 42213 in chips)
    Seat 5: (5668 in chips)
    Seat 6: (2780 in chips)
    ante 25
    small blind 50
    big blind 100

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to BB Hero [Qs 2s]
    folds
    folds
    folds
    Button Villian raises 150 to 250
    SB : folds
    BB Hero [Qs 2s] : calls 150

*** FLOP *** [Jh 9s 7c] Potsize 700

BB Hero [Qs 2s]: checks
    Button Villian : bets 300

BB Hero : check raises 700 to 1000

Button Villian : calls 700

*** TURN *** [Jh 9s 7c] [4s] Potsize 2700

BB Hero bets 1960 and is all-in

I don't understand the check raise. The Bu should be opening very wide so they could easily have a nice piece of that flop.

I feel like you c/r to take the flop down since you really don't have much in the way of draws and planned to fold if the V
    moved all in or check the turn when they call?

Now we pick up 9 outs (1 time) on the turn, still not that great but I think it's enough to check hoping the c/r bought us the river.

I'm not a fan of the line you you took. Some might like a 3-bet pre but I think calling is fine with very little info on the V.

Comment

• Bentley
      Bentley commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably too coordinated for a check raise. I'd like to run that through flopzilla against a 40-50% opening range from the button.
      But you have 2 backdoor draws and an overcard...

• Guido
      Guido commented
      Editing a comment
      But when they have a wide range they have too much junk and miss very often

• kkep
      kkep commented
      Editing a comment
      Guido if you think they are c-betting 100% of their junk range a call will usually buy you the turn and sometimes the river as well. Q high is good sometimes...

I xr bc 1 oc and 2 bdd

Comment

You mean when very coordinated it looks More like a (semi) bluff ?

Comment

This is an interesting one for me.
        against even a 40-50% range, it's a terrible flop for us we have something like 20% equity.
        Obviously you have some bddraws but I think I prefer this with a least one of the cards much lower like J93 etc though I agree a xr there definitely looks like a draw whereas here it could be the nuts.
        I'm going to play around with this one but it doesn't seem like we have good equity here nor a range advantage.

Comment

Running this through flopzilla, the only flops you have good equity on against a 50% button steal range are 1 high card flops, flops with either a Q or 2, or flush draws.
          i get that you have backdoors, his range is wide, and you have no way to win apart from xr here.
          bizarrely it seems like a A or K flop are better to xr!

Are you playing it as though you have the nut avantage? Are you giving up the turn if your equity doesn't improve?
          Last edited by Bentley; 09-06-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Yes if I dont get further equity I am giving up on turn. Here i have no range advantage and I also think i have no nut advantage

Thx for telling your Flopzilla analysis
            Last edited by Guido; 09-07-2019, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Villian called turn with TT and I rivered a flush

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                Villian called turn with TT and I rivered a flush
                HAHA! All's well that ends well. That's what Jonathan says.... Ok, maybe not.

I would have called otf and then looked for equity ott. It's true villain doesn't hit most flops hard, but he's going to have something on thiis one - a pair, a draw, overcards, something. It's way too coordinated and hits everything in the middle, which is where most of his preflop range is concentrated.

Edit: I ran Equilab on the BU opening range from the charts. Villain has 77% equity here.... Even ott he v has 70%. That's assuming a 51% button open.
                Last edited by Mayday; 09-07-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

2 cards 9 or higher no good bluffing Flop vs button , i was just lucky. No good play

Comment

Working...
                  X