Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awkward spot w/ 2 pair

$0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players

CO: 199.2 BB (VPIP: 13.86, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 101)
    Hero (SB): 215.7 BB
    BB: 92.6 BB (VPIP: 29.54, PFR: 5.35, 3Bet Preflop: 0.76, Hands: 1,182)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ac, 3h
    fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls 1 BB, fold, Hero calls 0.5 BB, BB checks

Flop : (3 BB, 3 players) As, 9h, 3s
    Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets 2.9 BB, Hero raises to 7.9 BB, BB calls 7.9 BB, CO calls 5 BB

Turn : (26.7 BB, 3 players) Qs
    Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets 18.5 BB

Hero?

A3 is a hand I will raise or 3bet here some percentage of the time but both these players were somewhat splashy and I didnt think I had much fold equity.

Tough spot here with the BB yet to act and I wasnt sure how to proceed. If I call and BB calls (or raises), im in a bloated pot with a decent but somewhat marginal hand, OOP 3 ways with a 3-flush on board.

I think it's possible CO is trying to get value from worse aces with AK. It's reasonable he has aq(6)/a9s(2)/aa(1)/99(3), all together that's 12 combos that are ahead of you. There are 8 combos of AK, and you have to call 18.5bb to win 45.2bb, so I would just call given you are getting better than 2:1. However if you know your opponent wouldn't play AK or anything worse this way then just fold because you're not beating anything. If he's extremely passive maybe he only takes this line with a hand that beats you here, but if he plays AK this way you should call.

EDIT: I'm sorry I didn't see the turn brought in the 3rd spade, in a big multiway pot here I think CO is going to have a lot of flushes, probably at least 15 combos. I think you could fold here especially if your opponent is under bluffing, Qs is a rather bad turn card for you. I don't really like calling here without more notes on opponent because I don't think he would have many offsuit hands with a spade to turn into a bluff except maybe AxKs(2)/AxJs(2). With his tight passive stats I would fold! Sorry if this wasn't helpful I'm new here!
    Last edited by BabySteez; 09-05-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• MrFuss
      MrFuss commented
      Editing a comment
      What about flush combos or the BB? If this were heads up I think its an easy call

Sorry I misread the board first time through! Edited with updated answer. For reference I play 20nl/50nl on WSOP NV, please take my advice with a grain of salt

Comment

The cold call from the BB is extremely worrying. You just don't beat that much anymore. If you think both players are absolutely terrible I can get behind calling and evaluating the river, but when you 3b and they both call I feel like one of them is going to have a flush here.

What is CO really limping, calling a 3b on the flop and then bluffing with here? You have to get pretty creative. So unless he's value owning himself with something he shouldn't be limping (AxKs) or something he shouldn't be playing (Ax7s for example) I'd consider folding.

I don't play these stakes though.

Comment

I would have followed up the xr by leading turn for 12-20BB. When you give up the lead like that to a scare card it's much more difficult to play. As it stands, I agree with JPB for the most part.

Comment

• MrFuss
          MrFuss commented
          Editing a comment
          Normally I would lead the turn but the BB made it complicated. Leading heads up when the flush comes is easier than against 2 opponents.
      Working...
      X