Running into lots of problems with A-10SP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running into lots of problems with A-10SP

KJ used to really bother me until I learned to play that hand. Now A-10SP has become my nemesis. I find myself playing UTG and get called I lose to A better kicker or A x witch gets to two pair. No longer will play this hand UTG. Do you feel this hand should only be played multi way in position? Thanks love your responses!!πŸ•πŸ•πŸ¦πŸ‡°πŸ‡΅πŸ†

You can play it in late position too.
    if suited you can play in early position but need to proceed carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley View Post
      You can play it in late position too.
      if suited you can play in early position but need to proceed carefully.
      If you get 3 bet utg put in such a terrible spot 4 bet or fold. Tend to fold. Another reason I don’t play utg. Thanks for response

Comment

Originally posted by genvincent View Post

If you get 3 bet utg put in such a terrible spot 4 bet or fold. Tend to fold. Another reason I don’t play utg. Thanks for response
        ATo is a fold utg
        ATs is a raise but if you got an A on the flop you have a marginal hand that depends largely on the villain.

Comment

This really depends on stack depths. When you are deep lets say 75BB+ you probably don't want to be playing ATo from the first 2
          positions 9 handed and the first 3 positions 10 handed. I feel like a lot of small stakes players think the more chips they have the more they
          should splash around. I know I used to think that way. The reality is they are setting themselves up to lose a big pot with a marginal hand.

However splashing around when deep is great when we select the proper hand combinations.

For example at 100BB hands like (A9s, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s) are better to open with UTG because they can make the nuts whereas
          ATo most often will only make top pair.

The more shallow our stack size becomes the more valuable making top pair is so we expand our range a bit to include some more Ax off
          hands.

When we are playing around that 15 - 50BB we can start opening ATo UTG.

When we get 3-bet all in it's a fold 15BB+ as it's on the edge of our opening range. Having 13BB is still valuable and when we get jammed
          on after opening from UTG AT is usually going to be in really bad shape.

For instance say we open with a range like this from UTG with 15-20BB or so for 2BB (88+, A4s+, K7s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 98s, ATo+, KJo+)
          When we get 3-bet all in we should be calling off with a range something like this (88+, AQs+, KQs, QJs, AQo+)

When we are a bit deeper we are opening for 2.25 - 2.50BB and of course we are still not calling off with AT.

All of the GTO charts are provided here and they should be studied and used to develop a range your comfortable with. It's been hard for
          me to memorize all the ranges but the more I refer to them and the more I play the better my starting ranges have become. I also have them
          on my phone and look at them from time to time while I'm at the table to make sure I'm staying in line and or not being to much of a nit.

Comment

As others have said, I think it's just a matter of getting familiar with the charts and your ranges in every spot.

If you open ATs early position and the flop is A73, realize that AT is the worst Ace you can have here and play accordingly.

If you get 3B preflop, ask if you're getting the right odds to continue.

The goal is to get to the point where no individual hand is your nemesis. Your overall strategy can tell you what to do with any holding.

Comment

Working...
            X