Jonathan Little's 100bb Range Charts Color Coded For Flopzilla Pro Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Little's 100bb Range Charts Color Coded For Flopzilla Pro Beta

Flopzilla is the main tool I use to study and analyze off table. In the recently released Flopzilla Pro Beta we can now assign colors to hands in a range similar to the Poker Coaching range analyzer. I've copied Jonathan's 100bb charts into Flopzilla Pro Beta and thought I would share it with everyone. I did not distinguish between value/bluff bets. This lets you choose your preflop action easily when moving to the flop.

Instructions

1.Link to Dropbox location

Click image for larger version  Name:	dl.png Views:	0 Size:	20.6 KB ID:	23544

3. Save file to this location - C:\Program Files (x86)\FlopzillaPro\FlopzillaPro
    4. Open Flopzilla Pro Beta
    5. Select "Settings" from the menu
    6. Select "Import predef ranges...."
    7. Change bottom slider to "Import into sub-category" (if you haven't created your own ranges you can choose to "replace current ranges")
    8. Select "Import Ranges"

Click image for larger version  Name:	import.PNG Views:	0 Size:	12.2 KB ID:	23545
    Last edited by MrFuss; 08-31-2019, 02:05 PM.

Additionally, as you progress through the streets you can continue to filter the range as you would play it instead of being limited to the pre-defined hand categories.

1. Right click on the hand category you want to filter
    2. Select the color filter you would like to use under the range
    3. Select the hands you want to filter with that color

Click image for larger version

Name:	fpz.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	23548

Comment

Yes I downloaded this a week or so ago and never used. I thought it was included with my initial purchase but then it said I only had a 7 day free trial.
      Did you pay extra?

Comment

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        It didn't work for me. I emailed support many hours ago, still waiting for a reply.

• MrFuss
        MrFuss commented
        Editing a comment
        here's the post from 2+2

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SageLee View Post
        Hi, I bought Flopzilla at the beginning of the year and installed/registered it on my Linux computer using WINE. I just installed the newest update, and it seems fine, but I also tried the FZPro beta and it appears to only be the trial version with limited features/flop. Is this supposed to be the case for a FZ registered user, on the same computer?

Should you not have received your key within 5 minutes, then please contact support with your hardware ID and we will generate your key for you manually.

Hardware ID?
        To get your hardware ID, start FlopzillaPro and go to "register" in its menu.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SageLee View Post
        could I be allowed to move my registered FZ over to the Windows-using virtual machine (on the same computer) without wasting a second activation key?

Your activation keys do not expire when used. You can always requests a new key whenever you move to a new computer. A Flopzilla license is lifetime and does not expire. All that will happen when you move to a new computer is that the old license is deactivated.

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        I got it thanks. I input my orginal UN and Key. I had to get new ones

Dude, I just got around to downloading and trying this.

It's amazing!

Really, useful. Thanks for sharing the ranges as well as the tips for how to make the extra filters. At first I didn't understand how it was useful, but then I saw how it applies to the Groups pie chart and you can see the hand make-ups as you progress through various streets. Very, very useful. I'm going to study with this a lot.

Thanks again!

Comment

• reeeeeeper
        reeeeeeper commented
        Editing a comment
        I opened the command prompt as administrator and copied the file. Do you have admin access on your machine Rainmaker314?

• Rainmaker314
        Rainmaker314 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I have administrator access.

• Rainmaker314
        Rainmaker314 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got them Thank You!

Can't fully see in the screenshot, but do you mean it gets recategorised into premium, draw, marginal, junk?
      can we save the filter groupings in flopzilla also or do you have to right click each time?
      Last edited by Bentley; 09-03-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker314
        I followed the directions and cannot get this to work. 1st message I got was I did not have permission to save in the Flopzilla pro file. Saved in documents and tried importing. FZ pro says import failed, any ideas would be appreciated.

You should be saving in this FlopzillaPro folder, not in the file. It could be confusing because The first folder is "FlopzillaPro", the second folder is "FlopzillaPro", and the application is called "FlopzillaPro". You want to save in the folder the application is located.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fp.png Views:	0 Size:	10.9 KB ID:	23677

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley View Post
          Can't fully see in the screenshot, but do you mean it gets recategorised into premium, draw, marginal, junk?
          can we save the filter groupings in flopzilla also or do you have to right click each time?
          The filters in Flopzilla are how you determine which hands continue to the next street. In version 1.xxx, you could only choose the default filters based on broad hand categories like, top pair, set etc...

After applying the filters you lock them in with the button at the bottom which removes any combos not within the filter parameters. You can see after we lock the filter only combos that make top pair or a set remain.

This is a great feature but somewhat limiting because you may bet some combos and check others. In Flopzilla Pro you can apply filters to individual combos instead of an entire category of made hands. So if you're betting only the best top pairs and checking others, you can choose to continue the hand with only the combos you would bet or check depending on the action taken. Flopzilla Pro also provides a graph showing the ratio of filters chosen which allows you to balance your range in the same way the Poker Coaching range analyzer displays the percentages.

To do this, first you right click on the hand category. This will highlight those combos and show different color filters available below the range.

Next select the color you want to use and click on the combos to apply the filter. Here you can see I've used red to select "premium" top pairs and green for "marginal". The pie chart on the right shows the % of those combos in our range.

Once you have all your combos filtered into premium, draw, marginal and junk, you have to remove the combos that were either bet or checked depending on your action. In this example lets say I bet, meaning all the green combos must be deselected before locking in the filter. You do this by selecting the red X and clicking the combos. Those combos then turn orange.

Once your custom filters are applied, right click again on the hand category to return to the default view. Now when we lock the filter and choose the turn card, only the combos with a filter remain and continue to the next street. You can see we've selected the Qs as the turn card and only the "premium" combos we filtered remain in our range. Now we can filter our range again and repeat this process for each street.

In summary, use the colored filters to balance your range just as in the monthly homework. Then deselect the combos that arent continuing to the next street based on action. Lock in the filters, select the next card on the board, repeat.

Flopzilla Pro also includes range vs range analysis. If you guys are interested in learning more about that process lmk and I'll create another thread detailing that process.

Comment

• MrFuss
            MrFuss commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure why the images are broken :/

Thank-you very much, MrFuss! I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to easily move my ranges from Flopzilla to FlopzillaPro. This post solved my problem and saved me the time to input Jonathan's ranges as well.

Comment

• MrFuss
            MrFuss commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats great!

Thank you for this! unfortunately I had already input them my self.

Comment

Working...
          X