No announcement yet.

Took 8th in a 250 person/$20 rebuys event.....two hands and a couple comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took 8th in a 250 person/$20 rebuys event.....two hands and a couple comments

This is the same tournament that last week I posted about donking off a 100,000 stack. 10,000 starting stack with rebuys and an add on.

i ran deep again this week with only an entry and an add on. Ran up to about too-fitty, from a 10,000 starting stack.

really only two hands to review. Most of the tournament was pretty standard. I wasnt able to take advantage of the money bubble or FT bubble because of the stacks surrounding me.

First hand review.....not to be results oriented, but I was big stack vs big stack.....i wanted to send a message I had a hand....not looking to play for stacks....but this is a hand big stack should be careful.

http://pppoker.club/poker/api/share....666905&lang=en

second hand was flopped quad Kings for giggles..I definitely missed a bet on the river.....but seriously who’s prepared to play flopped K’s?....

http://pppoker.club/poker/api/share....666983&lang=en

To add a second note.........

i will say the biggest thing I’ve learned from this site,....and I’ve been playing since 2004, is to check, call more often out of position. It’s unreal how much money villain will put in the pot with nothing when you check to him. I’ve picked off more bluffs, and added more value with my hands in the last three months than I had in the previous 10 because I realized villain a) doesn’t always have top pair....and b) takes your out of position check as weakness and will dump money into the pot with nothing.....

good things to know.....I haven’t even started exploiting C-bets with air yet.....that should be really fun.

Comment

I do not like the min raise in hand 1. We want to give our opponents a chance to make mistakes. When you minraise he can call everything and isn’t doing anything wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RealJPB View Post
        I do not like the min raise in hand 1. We want to give our opponents a chance to make mistakes. When you minraise he can call everything and isn’t doing anything wrong.
        Should be more like $5k? I really didn't want to play a huge pot with the only other stack at the table that could hurt me.

Comment

• RealJPB
          RealJPB commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah 4800 would be standard. You should be mindful and don’t want to play a huge pot with a marginal hand, but you shouldn’t as a general rule look to avoid playing a big pot. What if you have a good hand? This guy can give you more chips than anyone else at the table.
      Working...
      X