Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $250 $10k guaranteed tourney, Majestic Star Gary Indiana

H- 66 S-26k P-B Blinds-200-400 Stack sizes are all about the same
    UTG and CO limp. I limped here... Older asian guy two seats to my left doesn't mind raising limpers.

H-22 S-26k P-HJ Again stack sizes are all about the same
    UTG+1 and LJ limp. I folded. Can I over limp. Older asian guy two seats to my left doesn't mind raising limpers.

I guess now that I typed the note about the asian guy I think iso'ing the limpers here for both spots is probably best?

I think that on the button, I definitely would bet the pot with 66, I would probably bet 22 from the HJ too.

With both of these hands, you want a flop that favors your range to CBet. If you don't get one you should check. If you do spike a set they can bet pretty well disguised and your trying to play for stacks.

Comment

I actually don’t mind limping in the first spot. Really depends on what you think of UTG and what you’ve seen from BB. If you can raise, get it heads up and take it down with a cbet on many flops that’s a pretty good result.
      But if you think UTG can be limp reraising or you expect to go multi-way no matter how big you make it, limping has a lot of benefits. BB has shown he’ll raise limpers but how is his sizing? If he’s going to give you good odds to set mine, limping is more viable than if he’s likely to raise big.

Comment

• TAJ1827
        TAJ1827 commented
        Editing a comment
        The BB raise sizing ranged from 5-7x bb regardless number of limpers. I also don't remember seeing anyone at the table limp reraise from anything but late position, some older guy did it with AA.

Think both these hands can be treated the same way- late position, small pairs with limpers in front.

There are 2 "competing" ideas here.

1) Isolate/fold out the limpers & blinds. Play hand from position, generally aiming to take it down on the flop with a c-bet.
      2) See a cheap flop and hope to flop a set that might win a big pot, or bail out cheaply if we miss.

I actually think both these are reasonable approaches, although it seems the better players seem to prefer #1, and recs prefer #2!

Given the habits of the player yet to act, maybe that should tilt you toward #1.

One idea worth considering- although we might be getting a bit fancy- limp behind, and if the player behind ISOs (from BB) then you can 3 bet and play him in position.

Comment

• TAJ1827
        TAJ1827 commented
        Editing a comment
        The third idea you mention is something I've probably never done but I can see the reasoning behind it. Might have to try and use this play next session.
    Working...
    X