MTT : When to rejam, reraise & when to flat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTT : When to rejam, reraise & when to flat

This spot comes up a lot in MTT ... more in bounty tournaments. One opens in the front, a short stack ( with sizable bounty ) 3bet jams ... then it's on you , with half the table yet to act.

When do you rejam, reraise and flat ? Times like this , I know I need a coach.

Recent exit : probably not worth it ...bordering on reckless

This was a tournament of a few thousand people ... down to 150. Skittish in tournaments of big field ... Not sure when to step on the gas pedal ...before it is too late... before I find myself on a table full of short stacks ... then it 's a dog fight

Lojack had been active... had a large bounty ... recently became a short stack ... I don't want to say tilt , but probably eager to get back. This is a player who doesn't play for pay jump.

MP with 46BB open , LOjack jams with 16BB. i rejam AJo with 35BB. Stacks behind me : 16, 41, 100, 51.

Big stack called after me with 99. MP folded. LOjack: KQ

Kxxx 9
    Last edited by CrazyEddie; 08-11-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      I have bounty beast. But that is not what I had imagined.... mostly about the math.

In a regular tournament, I might fold AJo here with my 35BB. ... regardless of being marginally ahead or not.

In bounty tournaments .. it can feel like if you don't get in there... never going to have chips ... which is as good as sealing your fate.
      Last edited by CrazyEddie; 08-11-2019, 09:50 AM.

We really need to know the exact bounty size. That said I doubt I'm ever re-jamming AJo there bounty's or not.

Comment

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      if you're going to convert his bounty to starting stacks, it 's many starting stacks ... and his bounty is many times the pay jump...

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      let's say you have KK, AK , or 77 ... which one do you reraise , flat , rejam ?

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      AJ is a little light .. but this player doesn't play for pay jump ... So considering what he would 3bet jam with ...
Working...
X