bluff the turn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluff the turn?

Villain and I have a lot of steal, 3 bet history in these kind of positions so I don't read much into the preflop action.
    I think I could have even 4bet preflop since my hand plays poorly postflop?
    How would you play the turn?

PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $1/$2 - 6 players
    Replay this hand on Pokeit

UTG: $203.00 (102 bb)
    MP: $249.09 (125 bb)
    CO (Hero): $370.59 (185 bb)
    BU: $491.92 (246 bb)
    SB: $338.12 (169 bb)
    BB: $439.74 (220 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($3) Hero is CO with 8:diamond: Q:diamond:
    2 players fold, Hero raises to $6, BTN 3-bets to $19.80, 2 players fold, Hero calls $13.80

Flop: ($42.60) 3:diamond: 7:diamond: 2:spade: (2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN bets $28.33, Hero raises to $93.08, BTN calls $64.75

Turn: ($228.76) 2:club: (2 players)

OOP fold to 3-bet. You want to play that hand against the blinds. 4-bet seems ok if you're playing that chicken game, but I'm not sure why you'd bother.

​​​​​​Awkward stack size on turn. You have about $265 left and pot is $230. I think you have to just jam it in here the way you played it.

I'm wondering if you could have check-raised to $68.33 on the flop. You still have some fold equity that way against his pure bluffs and deny them their small pairing-up/continuing equity and possibly get some better hands (AX, KX) to fold. Then even if he calls on the turn the pot is $180 and you have $300 behind. Bet $88.33 for a reasonably effective double barrel. If he raises, fold. If he calls, on the river you have $210 to jam into a $360 pot which seems like an effective size to blast off a lot of hands. It also looks like you were setting up for that jam, which makes it look stronger.

Still, I probably would have just folded to the 3-bet preflop, rather having played against the blinds in position.
    Last edited by reeeeeeper; 08-10-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Guy asked how to play the turn ... not early streets.

Keep betting, right ... you made your flush. He may have a higher flush, but what can u do ?

I would ship it.
      Last edited by CrazyEddie; 08-11-2019, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• CrazyEddie
        CrazyEddie commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought you made a flush on the turn ..... Oh, well .... all in , the same ! Although I expected him to call before.....

You're not repping anything, but u aren't drawing dead... compare that with chk fold ??

Do you have a bluff 4bet range ??
        Last edited by CrazyEddie; 08-11-2019, 04:04 AM.

• Bentley
        Bentley commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you mean do I 4 bet bluff? I'm not sure I have a range it's usually player dependent. I'll 4 bet squeeze sometimes if there is 1 weak player and one 3bet stealing. I'll 4 bet bluff against wide 3 bettors but it can be risky. Or usually results in villain folding or going all in so I usually know what I'm up against. The problem I'm finding is that I'm getting 2:1 on 4 bet bluffs when villain goes AI, villain ranges for a 5 bet all in in 1/2 seem to be QQ-AA, AK and maybe some lower pairs depending on player.
        Last edited by Bentley; 08-11-2019, 06:35 AM.

• CrazyEddie
        CrazyEddie commented
        Editing a comment
        put that in PIO ... see if solver tells you to jam a frequency on that turn ...

I think I actually leans more and more towards turn jam now....
        Last edited by CrazyEddie; 08-11-2019, 07:45 AM.
    Working...
    X