Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good fold ??? Is it possible to say if it is or isn't ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good fold ??? Is it possible to say if it is or isn't ?

is this a good fold ? is it even possible to say if it is good or isn't ???

From GTO perspective ? Exploitative ? and what else may be there?

Pros of folding: 1, Old man did get Hansen to show ... Not sure I would have shown ... 2, It is hard to get the better of a pro ... but then why not just hide ?

Think the pros have a lot of chips on their shoulders .. Hellmuth was talking out cardinal rule of poker was not to bluff off your stack at main event .. Maybe he fears an all-in bluff ... Maybe he fears being bluffed by some nobody on TV...

I just saw a "not so good player" beat a " much more accomplished " player during HU stage ... How did he do it ? By aggressively 3betting or reraising in position ...

The " pro " opted to slow play instead of fight fire with fire ... The Amateur could not have done it without " aggression + whole lot of run good " ... but it is possible the pro overestimated his edge post flop ??

Oh, and the JTs ?? Good or bad fold on flop ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVOL...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by CrazyEddie; 07-11-2019, 12:22 AM.

I think I agree most of what you said. Lots of so call pro overestimate his post flop skill. Actually there is no so much skill involve in one hand , in one session., Few hour time. Let me use a point system to show what I mean.

Level 1 player just Learn poker 5 point
    Level 2 fishy player with more experience. 35point
    Level 3 agro player that study abit of poker 60point
    Level 4 player that took poker seriously and study yet become pro 80 point
    Level 5 low stake pro that able make a small living 90point
    Level 6 mid stake pro 95 point
    Level 7 high stake pro 96 point and above

What I trying to say some time the edge against different level of player is not as big as what we assume. Yup a good player vs very bad player we have big edge , a good player vs maybe good but might lose u abit we might not have big edge at all

Comment

• rockin m
      rockin m commented
      Editing a comment
      Level #3, what would be some of the the specific study of abit of poker steps?

• Paul Khoo
      Paul Khoo commented
      Editing a comment
      rockin m i do not know what you mean? i am just giving example. if you ask what do they study i assume they would watch some youtube pick up some poker book to study , some really study hard some just glane and see thru. player that study or put in more effort then player that dont will have edge

I'm not saying the better player overestimated his edge ... it's a huge edge.

But at some point , he just decided to never 4bet and slow play his best hands.

He slow played AA preflop. ( this was their last hand ) Flop came KKx .... there was bet & a call ... then bet , raise , reraise on the turn ... with draws on board...

and then "better player" faced an all in on river.

The poor player had K3 and river was 3. ( I know this guy ... he is not creative & aggressive ... river bet is no bluff ... he's not capable of 3, 4betting turn with draw ... while difference between 1st & 2nd place about $1600 )

what u do when someone 3betting you 90% preflop in pos , including K3o ?? You trap him with AA ... but flop came KKx
    Last edited by CrazyEddie; 07-11-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Paul Khoo
      Paul Khoo commented
      Editing a comment
      There is nothing we can do when a aggro monkey run hot. When a passive station run hot, we will lose money, but when an aggro money run hot we are almost losing stack sooner or later till his luck streak end. Either we keep folding that result us to play wrong. Or we play correctly but some how villain hand end up hitting the board so hard and value bet us at river.

• Paul Khoo
      Paul Khoo commented
      Editing a comment
      CrazyEddie we wanted a nuts draw,a flush ,a straight, at least a tp ,in multi way pot. And that's the point in poker flating in multil way pot lots of time is bad play. First our hand rarely is good.
      I don't know about you , I don't play poker to hit board. Alot player play poker trying to hit the board. I hate and don't like multi way pot. In multi way pot it it force us to play tighter.

CrazyEddie why JTs bad fold. Is a standard fold one bet one call even Hansen is bluffing what about the other guys. JT is only a bluff catcher, and MDF is share by both player .

Comment

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      As the commentator says , ' when you flat with JTs , what were you hoping for ? ' ... I would call flop bet or fold preflop.

Previously , Joe Beasy made clairvoyant fold ( AQ < KK ) against Gus Hansen.

I have always been curious if Beasy was just a tight player or if he got "good" read.

The cherry on top was that he got Hansen to show KK, after he folded his AQ face up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yteb...ature=youtu.be

Commentator says Beasy even folded a smaller full house earlier ... But seeing how he made his exit with A9, I guess he is more tight than "good read "
    Last edited by CrazyEddie; 07-13-2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      a lot of people who hero call are just crash dummies ... or making math calls. A lot of people who hero fold are just tight or weak...

Lately , I've been paying attention to double barreling spots , who's good at it ... bluff catching more than 1 street , etc.
Working...
X