I took an early shot at 2/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took an early shot at 2/5

I've been running at around 6.23 bb/100 at 1/2 over 10k hands so I thought it was time to give 2/5 an early shot with a small portion of my bankroll.
    The first session was great running +4BIs.
    The second session I kind of got run over by 2 very aggressive LAGs and went -3BIs so I dropped back down to 1/2 for a bit as it was really just to get some experience of the higher level.
    In general, my first impressions were that:
    - the tighter players were much much tighter, good for stealing pots against
    - the LAGs were much much more aggressive and I struggled with this, need to analyze some of the hands I played against them but OOP was a nightmare.
    - the preflop raise size was about 2.3bb. I felt like I was calling too much because of this,
    maybe I should have been raising more.

At 10k hands, is there anything anyone does to re-analyze their history before the next 10k? I am pretty sure my 2 major leaks are:
    - big pots with overpair hands when villains have a higher overpair like AA-QQ
    - big pots against LAGs where I have TPTK and it happens to be the times they have better 2P, sets, etc.

Originally posted by Bentley View Post
    - big pots with overpair hands when villains have a higher overpair like AA-QQ
    This is a big problem I have too. Or maybe I should just accept them as coolers... Either way, not fun.

Out of interest, were you playing live or online?

Comment

• Bentley
      Bentley commented
      Editing a comment
      Online, almost 99% of my play is that at the moment.

Dont Go broke with 1 pair deepstacked and if you dont Know what to do fold (rule of thumb) , this will save beginners a lot of Money

Comment

• Bentley
      Bentley commented
      Editing a comment
      Not that simple since sometimes I am calling LAGs with these and winning. Wondering what to analyze in stats to check this. Money won/lost with one pair but then divide up by position, type of 1 pair, can you stat against villain types?
      Some LAGs will bet 3 barrels with nothing but by their nature you never really know for sure.

You can search in holdem Manager 2 for flat river, flat turn , flat Flop and then see your EV , a lot of people call too often when they dont Know what to do

But I dont Know Whether you can Filter for different player types,

Comment

Working...
    X