Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get game back in line after bad run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get game back in line after bad run?

Hi, I'm sure some have gone through this and need help getting my game straight after a couple months of running really bad. The last couple months I cant win a hand let alone a session. Every flush hits against me, boats get beat by quads, etc. The last few sessions, I haven't been beat by better hands but am beating myself because I'm folding like a nit. Last night folded top 2 to a 3 bet because there was a possible(but unlikely) straight on board, found out he had weaker 2 pr. Session before, folded bottom straight to huge shove because I was afraid of top straight
    ​​​​​found out he had same hand.. I'm playing bad because I cant pull the trigger to call with pretty good hands because I'm expecting to get beat. My confidence had been beat down.

So, if any of u have been through this, how did u get back to playing good poker? I'm only playing a 2/3 spread limit game so not life changing money but find myself playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Should I go to 1/2? Should I take a break? Should I just quit and play more golf? How do I get over, what a golfer would call "the yips"?

thanks in advance

Move down in stakes or take some time off the game...

Comment

My advice Go to 1/2 and play a lot, volume Kills variance

Trust in your understanding of Hand values

when you think like u think at the Moment and a little later the turnaround will come (you will Reach a point where you cannot imagine 2 win anymore at all)

the turnaround will cause a rush and usually then you will experience an upswing which goes over a lot faster than every downswing

i had a Time where it seemed like i always run into a better set and lose every Flip with Ak

remember Volume Kills variance

Comment

• rockin m
        rockin m commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in that mode, recently w/ A K, K5, straights, draws etc, thanks to Guido i'm practicing his advise w/AK etc and gaining my mindset back, i'm winning with the way he suggested and I will start practicing this advice also. lalaeeeeeeeee Guido
    Working...
    X