1-2 cash all-in$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-2 cash all-in$

1-2 cash i played yesterday, my stack $100.00,BB- hole cards KcTd, > F> c,R, $20.00>f>F. co c,$20,00, me c,$20.00, Bs F, pot $75.00,
    Flop: Js-Qc-7h, f,f, r-50, f,f, co c-50,f,f, me c-50, pot $225.00.

Turn: 5d: utg 2 r,$50.00 > co c,$50,00. > I tanked, >stra draw K hi, no flush draw, no pairs, 8 outs w/1 card to come, pot odds 10.8:1, open ended, had $30.00 stack, I folded. what would you have done? or should i have done? i put Vs on AA,AK,QQ, A hi straight, 2 pair, set?

RIVER: 9 h utg r, $50.00 > co c,$50.00 utg won, had 2 pair, i told them what i had, they all AAaawwed in dismay? as I did, one young player said I was crazy. I am a little hahaha but don't tell anyone hehe

Naked Draws should really only be played aggressively and as a bluff to balance nutted betting which should look similar. Calling off is face up and risks what happened here, getting blown off playable equity OTT.

On this wet texture, it adds variance as villains will almost always have something. In the long run though, you'll get paid in other spots playing better compared to calling down.

Comment

• rockin m
      rockin m commented
      Editing a comment
      Is this what they call GTO plays/playing, thanks for your evaluation, I was a calling station right? It seems like when i play draws to the river i lose? I played against chris moneymaker 2014, final table, 4 left, I had royal + straight + flush + set draws, chris and I was even $ at the turn, went all in$, I didn't catch, he called with a pair and KOed me 4th place, so since then i've been draw shy. what pot odds to call? so I've been folding if I'm not getting 10:1 pot odds, should i reduce my pot odds?

• XBobLove
      XBobLove commented
      Editing a comment
      I always use profitability to make these bets and SPR is a factor. If the card odds are 3:1 implied odds in the draw price should be 3x that.

I don't know if this is GTO, i'm an exploitative reader.

With all the money in the pot and only 50BBs deep just smash it in on the flop. With the money already in the pot when it gets to you have direct odds if your over is good, and you have direct odds even if only your straight outs are good as long as both players call...

Pot odds if both call: 100 / (100 + 100 + 100 + 75)
    26.7%
    Pot odds if 1 calls: 100 / (100 + 100 + 75)
    36.4%
    Pot odds if 0 call:
    chaching! (but not happening here)

Odds if K is good:
    41.7%
    Odds if only straight is good:
    31.5%

You have too much equity to fold, and calling the $50 should have committed you anyway. This is a cash game not a tournament, if you lose this pot use it as an excuse to top back up to 100BBs (why weren't you topped up anyway?).

Comment

• reeeeeeper
      reeeeeeper commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't see where I said 37.4% anywhere. I looked those numbers up in an odds chart to be accurate instead of using the 4&2 rule of thumb.

• rockin m
      rockin m commented
      Editing a comment
      so basically if my pot odds is greater then 3:1 i should have called all-in$$ ? 0r 7:1 pot odds? I'm missing something here? if the K is good on the river 41.7% which would only give me a set? which a A or 9 would give me a straight and is only 31.5%??????

• reeeeeeper
      reeeeeeper commented
      Editing a comment
      If both call, you are getting 3:1 pot odds, so if the odds of hitting your hand is better than that it's a profitable play. Hitting your straight is about 2:1 dog so you're good. If only one player calls your pot odds are about 7:4 though so it's unprofitable if hitting a pair of Kings won't win you the hand.
      rockin m

So if I get the action right, UTG folded, UTG+1 limped, and UTG+2 raised to $20? Cutoff called and then you called in the big blind? I would just fold KTo in the big blind to such a large raise from early position. But once you get to see the flop, I agree all in on the flop for your remaining $80.

Comment

thanks I'll try 3:1 + pot odds, when drawing to a straight or flush

Comment

Working...
      X