Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate calling All In with anything

With only 35 BB facing an Open raiser and two callers with Ako I am allin

AF wrote an article that in live poker with Ak you can even push 32 BB vs 1 Single raiser ! And here you get also 2 overcallers. So you can jam with 35 BB.

with ak i dont want to raise to 65 k here getting perhaps callers and miss the Flop

As played I am going for the kill with Ak blocking AA, AK, KK . already itm makes it easier but I would also play it this way nowhere near the Money with 35 BB
    Last edited by Guido; 06-29-2019, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Last edited by reeeeeeper; 06-29-2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Guido
        Guido commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree Bobs 3 bet sizing is a no Go

Last edited by Guido; 06-29-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

With something on the order of 26BB, with or without the flatters, this would have been an easy jam, come what may. Given your stack size and the two players in for the ride, I like shoving as the low variance move. As reeeeper mentioned, any time you have the chance to add 20 per cent without fight in these crucial stages is a gold mine (I expect both callers to fold, especially if opener calls). If you run into a monster, nothing you can do about it.

Comment

I like jamming after a raise and two callers and will jam this almost always. is it a good jam against just one player, I don't know.
          If we jam over a raiser with 30 bbs, I think villain can take AA and KK out of our range. Or am I wrong here. Anyone here jamming AA or KK in this spot?

Comment

• reeeeeeper
            reeeeeeper commented
            Editing a comment
            30BB I dunno. I squeeze jammed KK with 18BB in a live tournament on Friday and got both callers though (one had 66, I forget the other), so...

I agree the 3 bet was too small. But, when initial raiser comes over the top it may actually help you get away. Whether to call or not has to be influenced by your read on the initial raiser, 4 bettor. I think the deciding factor is what you think of initial raiser.

Comment

As played, the fact that this guy here opted to 4-bet without going all in is a bit concerning, he is practically begging you to 5-bet jam, smells like AA to me. So I might(probably) have actually found a nitty fold.

I was in almost this identical spot yesterday and opted to jam about 28BB. UTG open call call H on the Bu jams AKs. The main difference is we were still about 50 players from the money. I actually got called by a LAG with a big stack that had flatted the open raise, .he was running so good

He flipped over A8o hit his 8 on the flop but I got baled out by a K on the river.

I must have been stemming bc I said that's what you get for calling with that garbage lol
            Sometimes I just can't keep my trap shut. He was actually a nice young guy that just liked to splash around and play a lot of hands so I was definitely out of line.

I hate it when I embarrass myself like that.

killtown I think it's the flatters that make the jam most attractive, lots of dead chips. If it folds to me in late position I likely make a minish 3-bet to about 60k to block the blinds from defending to wide and go to a flop or call off to a 4-bet jam.

Something else I have to ask which seems to be confusing me. Are not the blinds the 1st bet, an open raise the 2nd bet and the next raise the 3-bet so forth and so on?

Comment

• reeeeeeper
              reeeeeeper commented
              Editing a comment
              We all have done it before. I once had a rec gambler say "Ok, I gamble" & call all-in with QJs when I jammed JJ and he hit a Q. I was steamed and said in a mocking voice "ok I gamble" and instantly felt the table go tense quiet judgment on me for mocking the fish. I felt pretty embarrassed and shamed but I lost a little control in the moment. My only excuse is that it was near the bubble in a big event and I had fought hard to build that stack. I min cashed and that guy final tabled to rub it in too. I feel like I deserved it for that comment, and I probably put the fire in him to show all us uptight serious guys up.

And yes, open raise is 2-bet, re-raise is 3-bet, opener or someone else coming back over is 4-bet. It comes from Limit Holdem originally.

Last edited by XBobLove; 06-30-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Nobody mentioned anything about history with the players .... what went down prior to this hand ... etc etc as if it is a math problem to be worked out. Is it that simple ??

what is everyone's respective stack sizes ??

Comment

Last edited by XBobLove; 06-30-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• kkep
                  kkep commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So what did he show up with?

He showed up with pocket KK

Comment

• kkep
                  kkep commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah that fits.

I would tend to call rather than 4-bet KK, then bet 75% pot on most flops without
                  an A. Only reason why I call there with KK is I don't think your folding AK and
                  maybe not AQs. If you have AA your likely getting my chips either way.

Also a 4 bet might fold hands like JJ and QQ that I can get more value from on a lot of flops.

With your hand we both get stacked but by taking different lines.

Nice run in a monster field.

Comment

Working...
                X