Did I commit ICM Suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I commit ICM Suicide

Last night I was playing a tournament and I guess I should say that 7 players paid and there were 15 left. So we were getting close to the bubble I had 35BB in the SB. Looking pretty good right?

The ACTION: Folds to button he makes it 2.5BB (I should note that I have played with him a lot I would say probably 10 different tournaments) with that said, he is very loose aggressive. I'm dealt 66 in the SB I call (not wanting to get 4Bet which I know BTN will do), the BB calls.

The FLOP: Jd7c6s
    I check, the BB checks, BTN checks,

The TURN:
    7d I lead out for 2.5, BB calls, BTN Raises 7.5BB, we call

The River:
    9h
    I shove not wanting the BTN or BB to get off the hook and try to get full value hands like a strait or a 7.

the BB calls the BTN folds

I lose to 77

No you played it super Standard, this is just Bad luck, a cooler, dont be Results oriented

Comment

• jamtay317
      jamtay317 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I wasn't upset that I lost, I just didn't know if I should do anything different in that spot.

You played fine and were also still pretty far from the bubble, so it wouldn't even be what I consider ICM suicide if you had screwed up. If 150 paid and you were 10 from the bubble then maybe, but still wouldn't be the case for this particular hand.

Comment

No problem with the way you played; some days you're the pigeon, others, you're the statue. Even laggy players wake up with hands now and again.

Comment

u played poorly, not that the outcome would be any different.

That far from the bubble, 35BB is nothing Not icm suicide , but maybe u also suspect your river jam was over optimistic ?

Comment

Working...
        X