Equity Calculations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equity Calculations

I found this interesting. I was off by a wide margin and usually get these fairly close..

We are in the SB and open raises with 5c9c

The BB defends 22+,A2s+,K2s+,Q2s+,J2s+,T2s+,92s+,82s+,72s+,62s+,5 2s+,42s+,32s,A2o+,K2o+,Q2o+,J2o+,T2o+,93o+,84o+,74 o+,64o+,54o,43o

The flop brings AdTd9h

In real time (NO CHEATING) how much equity does the SB have vs the BB's assigned range?

This becomes more interesting (to me anyway) when we look deeper at what cards are good/bad for us on the turn.
    Last edited by kkep; 06-23-2019, 01:06 PM. Reason: I fixed the chart to reflect the dead cards.

I am going to say 16%, then I am going to open equi-lab and find out.

Comment

• Rainmaker314
      Rainmaker314 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! I didn't expect that.

We flopped a pair... it’s hard to do... so, start with we are ahead and he likely needs to catch up... at least 60% we have 70% equity and 40% we have maybe 20%... so I’m guessing 50% net?

Comment

BB has almost everything (which misses most of the time) and we have a pair. I'm going with somewhere around 54%.

You can kind of visualize it looking at his range on the chart. Just imagine the A, T, & 9 rows are colored red for way ahead, Broadway's yellow for broadway-draw+overs, and a spackling for the suited diamonds draws. That leaves a whole lot of combos in that range with very little equity.
      Last edited by reeeeeeper; 06-23-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

It's 57% it may have rounded up to 58% but that quiz is long gone - I went with 43%

Like Bob I figured it's hard to hit a flop so even 3rd pair has to worth at least 40%
        but it's also a draw heavy board so I only ticked that up slightly.

Comment

Working...
        X