• BruceO
    replied

Leave a comment:

• reeeeeeper
    commented on 's reply
    Played well, got unlucky, hello poker. Next time! GL mañana

• reeeeeeper
    commented on 's reply
    Those sound like valid pragmatic reasons to show.

• reeeeeeper
    commented on 's reply
    Hopefully a lot, they're almost all way behind, get paid.

• Ditzy Blonde
    replied
    In case anyone wants to know: About a level after that JJ hand I raised AQo in CO 2.5x. BTN is spunky guy who has 3bet my opens a few times. This time he goes allin for about half my stack. I watch him for a bit and notice he looks nervous so decide to call. He tables 88 and spikes an 8.
    Not much working out after that and eventually I'm BB w 16bb left. SB puts me allin. I look down at AQ and instacall. He has AJ. He spikes J.
    Taking a day off, maybe just a STS, before I play the PH 200kGTD tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Ditzy Blonde
    commented on 's reply
    If i bet 1/3 pot on flop I wonder how many high cards and pairs decide to stay in?

• Ditzy Blonde
    commented on 's reply
    "You got away cheap"
    lol, probably true. thinking about it i feel like a bigger raise if called by CO was getting called by all the same folks. The challenges of playing less experienced players.

I was not going to show any hands but in this case felt like I wanted to for a few reasons. One was to help me not tilt after losing a previous hand (had a bigger stack a little while ago and some entitlement tilt going on). I wanted my read verified. Also I'd been a little frisky intentionally and didn't mind showing a good hand/fold. (People usually profile me as tighter and I've been experimenting with showing down some wide board coverage early on so that I can get paid later.) Not sure it was good to show still but there weren't really experienced players at the table which does make a difference. I wouldn't have shown at a different table.
    Last edited by Ditzy Blonde; 06-17-2019, 02:20 PM.

• Ditzy Blonde
    commented on 's reply
    "always limping with small pairs and small to middle suited connectors"
    that should be true a lot but this particular table was a lot of middle aged guys, mostly pretty new to wsop, who I've noticed like to do weird sneaky things with big pairs. of course when they all just call I know it's going to be smaller pairs, suited connectors, and decent As.

I felt like I should have raised more once i saw the result. Don't really like JJ in EP or MP though. I don't think less than 6k would have gotten any of those guys to fold though!
    Last edited by Ditzy Blonde; 06-17-2019, 01:36 PM.

• kkep
    commented on 's reply
    Haha I have never once played PLO. In fact I only play Hold em. I don't wager on anything else whatsoever. No sports, no slots no nothing.
    Thanks

• CrazyEddie
    commented on 's reply
    If you can play that well post flop ... does preflop matter ?

• reeeeeeper
    commented on 's reply
    If you'd played as much PLO as I have you'd find it easy.

http://www.pokerjunkie.com/calculati...t-bet-in-poker

• lbhafen
    replied
    A pot size bet includes your call in figuring it. Thus the pot has 2300 in it, we call for 500 so a pot sized raise would be 2800 plus our 500 call for a total bet of 3300.

Leave a comment:

• kkep
    commented on 's reply
    I see how you did that but I don't understand how that works out? Is the pot not 2300 before we place our bet?
    I need to be doing this right in certain spots, ugh.

• reeeeeeper
    commented on 's reply
    Pot sized raise is 3300. Last bet 500*3 + other limper 500 + 300/500/500 = 3300

• kkep
    replied
    Yeah, I'm with everyone else on this one. I would have made a pot sized bet which is 2300, slightly more is fine too, Blinds 1300 + 1000 for the 2 limpers.

If the limpers are habitual and almost always limp call I will size it up big here, like 2800-3000 to get max value from my premium hands.
    The reason is they are almost always limping with small pairs and small to middle suited connectors hoping to smash the flop. vs them
    the flop most often goes check bet fold. So we get to bleed them pre-flop and know they only stick around when they hit a nice piece of the board.

Nice fold

Leave a comment:

• CrazyEddie
    replied
    No offense .. but I see that live players are really softer.

I would have raised much bigger ... 22 likely would have come into pot anyway.. You got away cheap ! Good read ! Why show , face up ?

Leave a comment:

• killtown
    replied
    Pre-flop with two limpers, I also like a larger sizing than 4x, maybe going to 5.5-6 instead.

On the flop, I agree that you're better off with the smaller sizing.

When this player type donks the turn, that's the biggest tell in the world--you're almost never ahead here and he wants to get paid off. Letting your overpair go has got to be right.

Leave a comment:

• reeeeeeper
    replied
    Starting stacks of 40k for the most part?

Preflop: I actually think your raise seems a little on the small size for this depth with ante and two limpers. I would 2.5-3k. It doesn't bloat if not as many players call. And why wouldn't you want to build a pot with JJ? Why wouldn't you want 22 in there?

Flop: Bet seems too big for such a dry board and such a big pot (relative to BB). I would bet around 3k or 4k.

Turn: Good read! His turn donk is a bad sign, and combined with your live read that's a really good fold.

Also areful about showing, you're not just showing the guy in the hand but everyone else at the table too. (you obviously know this, just wanted to mention)
    Last edited by reeeeeeper; 06-17-2019, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wsop $800 double stack hand - another how do I play JJ post

Last edited by Ditzy Blonde; 06-17-2019, 03:11 AM.
Working...
X