open limping post bubble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open limping post bubble

Has it become like a trend ? Not all big stacks / even not so big stacks play a higher vpip strategy , but some do ...

I have seen people make it work. I see the upside of that. They make thin value bets 1/6 or smaller with say, A2o on AKxx ... and probably get 2 streets value.

I know Jonathan Little spoke against open limping ... what's your take on that ?

This type usually is very comfortable playing post flop .... I have seen this type making thin bet as bluff ...

I'd say an esoteric way of loose aggressive, less predictable ....

Open limping is a valid strategy with stacks you can call raises but not 3 bets (Because Pots already Too high) with , Mostly from cutoff and button so you most likely play in Position and with small pairs , suited Connectors Mixed with some nut Hands to be Balanced

it is especially valid on Final tables if you are a midstack

Comment

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      You are very solid , I guess. The player I mentioned was limping more than that ... not sure he was limping to play a higher vpip ... but he was able to play the situation well ...

I'm all for seeing more flops .. as opposed to waiting for AQ , and hope AJ to call...

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      You gotta take what you see that is working ... and make it your own, right ? I don't know if people experiment much while playing ... I do and sometimes I get derailed ...

Comment

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      from what I have seen, players who do that are very comfortable playing post flop .. have good idea of where they are... thin value bets/ thin bluffs when everyone is short ... imagine a tournament of 3000 down to 60

You're right, they always call a raise ... which means it will require 2 barrel to bluff them.

• BruceO
      BruceO commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup! exactly.
Working...
X