open limping post bubble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open limping post bubble

Has it become like a trend ? Not all big stacks / even not so big stacks play a higher vpip strategy , but some do ...

I have seen people make it work. I see the upside of that. They make thin value bets 1/6 or smaller with say, A2o on AKxx ... and probably get 2 streets value.

I know Jonathan Little spoke against open limping ... what's your take on that ?

This type usually is very comfortable playing post flop .... I have seen this type making thin bet as bluff ...

I'd say an esoteric way of loose aggressive, less predictable ....

Open limping is a valid strategy with stacks you can call raises but not 3 bets (Because Pots already Too high) with , Mostly from cutoff and button so you most likely play in Position and with small pairs , suited Connectors Mixed with some nut Hands to be Balanced

it is especially valid on Final tables if you are a midstack

Comment

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      You are very solid , I guess. The player I mentioned was limping more than that ... not sure he was limping to play a higher vpip ... but he was able to play the situation well ...

I'm all for seeing more flops .. as opposed to waiting for AQ , and hope AJ to call...

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      You gotta take what you see that is working ... and make it your own, right ? I don't know if people experiment much while playing ... I do and sometimes I get derailed ...

I saw this at work occasionally on Day 3 of the Deep Stack... and couldn’t decide if the open limper was hiding premium hand or just using pot control. I saw it done from both early and late position... and only thing I confirmed was that they always called a raise...

in early position, I like it with a premium hand, because if you get at least one tag along and esp if you get two, the odds that someone raises to take it are high, so 4 bet will be profitable.... late position (hijack or later) gives you chance to be in position for less money, but I’m not clear on the range here or stack size that applies...

Comment

• CrazyEddie
      CrazyEddie commented
      Editing a comment
      from what I have seen, players who do that are very comfortable playing post flop .. have good idea of where they are... thin value bets/ thin bluffs when everyone is short ... imagine a tournament of 3000 down to 60

You're right, they always call a raise ... which means it will require 2 barrel to bluff them.

• BruceO
      BruceO commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup! exactly.
Working...
X