Zero Equity Bluff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Equity Bluff

Another hand from Big 50 Day 1. In the studying prior to the trip I'd gone through JL's Montreal Master Class and he has a spot in there where he talks about how the BB can abuse the in position player on paired boards. He specifically discusses min-raising flop and sizing up on the turn. I may have misapplied the concept, so here's another hand for review:

H Q2cc P BB S 78k B 600/1200/1200
    Bu opens to 2700 I flat

Flop (7200) T66 no club. He cbets 2700. I raise to 5500. He calls.

Turn (18,200) 3d bringing back door diamonds, I bet 11k and he folds.

I think the general concept applies here because this specific player appeared to be on the tighter side. I should have a lot more sixes in my range than he does. Against an loose button this would probably be a bad spot for this move as we have a similar amount of sixes.

It's a great concept... what do you think you did incorrectly?

Main questions is, how to proceed if he should he decide to call your turn bet...?

Comment

• RealJPB
      RealJPB commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. Off the top of my head you’d have to bomb river on over cards and diamonds, give up on everything else. But I’m open to suggestions.

Yeah this is an old reg Trick, you have the nut advantage

if you set up an overbet on river how will even AA feel ?

I would Not do it vs good players As this is a Classic

But it is only A semi Classic here I think Because to my mind it Works better when the 3rd Flop card is lower than a T

better 225 or 447 or 337

this play Works best vs scary players who think damn they always have my good hand Cracked

Comment

Cool concept. Not crazy about using a zero equity bluff on the flop however. You will have so many great hands in your BB vs BTN range here to X/R this flop that actually have equity and that block BTN from having a 6 (87s, 85s, 54s, . . .etc.).

Comment

Nice move! I would probably size a little larger with both bet sizes (first to not be so obvious as far as this hand fits into your range here, second to polarize a bit more), but I really like it against a tight player. Your stack has enough utility to incorporate moves like this.

Comment

I like the line and the thinking. It's a play I make, but as said before I tend to use hands with little showdown but good equity to improve / hands that block opponents range from having 6x.

And don't forget to play this line when you actually do have it!

Comment

• reeeeeeper
            reeeeeeper commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a good point, Q7s & Q5s are better candidates due to the 6X blockers.
        Working...
        X