Aj aq os tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aj aq os tips

No longer play these off suit hands from UTG only in late position. Anyway facing a raise in position. Will you 3 bet or call with this hand?

Comment

9 handed Utg Fold AJo and raise AQo

But proceed carefully if you happen to get 3 bet

vs a Proven habitual 3 bettor you can 4 bet

but as a default call oop only when you have not to pay More than to a 3x raise and only of you guys Start with a at least 60 BB effectively

assuming you Open 3x and get raised to up to 9 BB you Need to have some room to play, so postflop 50 BB effectively should be at your Arsenal

vs tight 3 bettors just fold to every More Then 2.5x 3 bet

AQo looks nicer As it actually is

Comment

BTN vs UTG open I'd call AQo and fold AJo. Generally I'd rather play smaller pots with these off-suit hands and 3-bet my suited hands that will have an easier time realizing their equity.

Comment

AQo plays better as a three-bet than as a flat; you don't want to subject yourself to a squeeze and would like position.

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
            9 handed Utg Fold AJo and raise AQo

But proceed carefully if you happen to get 3 bet

vs a Proven habitual 3 bettor you can 4 bet

but as a default call oop only when you have not to pay More than to a 3x raise and only of you guys Start with a at least 60 BB effectively

assuming you Open 3x and get raised to up to 9 BB you Need to have some room to play, so postflop 50 BB effectively should be at your Arsenal

vs tight 3 bettors just fold to every More Then 2.5x 3 bet

AQo looks nicer As it actually is

Comment

It all depends. You cannot have rules for your opening ranges.

UTG I will open both depending on the table. If you are going to get called by worse often enough it is a value raise. If the players are calling UTG raises with KJ/QJ, you should have these hands in your open range. Especially if you are likely to make better post flop decisions than your opponents.

If there is a raise, it depends on where they raise from, the raising range of the player who raised, your position, and the likely actions of the players who are left to act. So you cannot have a one size fits all rule for any hand in any spot. If it is a MP lag, I am likely to 3 bet AQ. Against and EP standard range, I would likely call, against a EP tight range, it is probably best to fold.

The way you should look at your preflop ranges is this way:

1) What is his opening range?
              2) What is my 3 bet for value range?
              3) What hands can I call with? (Gap concept and implied odds hands).
              4) How do I want to develop my 3 bet bluffing range? Linear, polarized, value heavy, bluff heavy?

Using all of these will help you get to the right answers with your hands.

Here is an example:

Hand: ??
              Position: HJ
              Stack: 10,000
              Blinds 100/200 + 25

Preflop (550) UTG+2 raises to 500, Hero? (All players left are standard) (Villain has a standard open range)

What is his range?

What is my 3 bet range? A GTO derived 3 bet range is about 5% against a standard UTG+2 range. (Formula used: 1 - (x^7 = 0.7), x = 0.95. Using a 2:1 bluff to value ratio then we would have 1.7% of hands for value.

What is my calling range? In position, against this range, using the gap concept, I can call with 99+ and AQ+. (AJs/AJ/88 is really on the cusp. It depends on what I think of the opener on whether I call or not with these.)

I also have 20:1 implied odds on my call, so I can call with all of the best speculative hands here.

What is my 3 bet bluff range look like? I will use a balanced polarized range here.

So in the end my range may look like this in this situation:

Comment

Comment

One thing to consider is people in EP are often opening all their suited As . .if we 3bet them IP, they should fold, but rarely do, and then we have them crushed (in lower stakes tournies)
                  Last edited by jackrag; 06-13-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X