Seniors Unite?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seniors Unite?

Going back for the Seniors event this week... and the Double Stack that follows, if anyone is around this week.

Barring a deep run in the Marathon, I'm playing in the Double Stack.

Comment

Well, we'll both be there then... for now, I am planning on playing on Saturday, in the hope that i'll be having a reasonably long day in the Seniors on Thursday. First beer (or coffee) is on me.

Comment

You're on!

After getting KO'd from the 1k today, decided I'll take a shot at the Seniors also. If that doesn't work out, there's always Flight B of the Double Stack.

Comment

Yup, that's exactly the plan... text me 770-757-5086 and we'll connect somewhere ... I get in late tonight (Harrahs), so hitting the hay and grabbing coffee in the morning, is current plan.

Comment

Haven't even hit the tournament hall yet, but the demographic is vastly different: no young wannabe pros, just lots of middle-aged folk like myself.

Here-goes-nothing!

Comment

Yup... hopefully it’ll be a long day!

Comment

Good luck to you both! Will there be updates in this thread?

Comment

Got 17000 at the first break. Hardly played, but lots of loose action. Looking to get in on some.

Comment

I’ve been more lucky than good, 56k at 2nd break

one interesting hand...
                    I have AhQc UTG, B 100/300/300
                    raise to 900, sb calls ( I have him covered, but we are 120+bb deep)
                    flop 66K w 2 hearts, check/ check
                    turn Qh, I bet 1100... he raises to 2500, I call
                    river 5s, he leads out 3500... action?

Comment

It looks like we have to be right a bit over 50% to call. I feel like they should have led turn
                      with 3 of kind a K and even if they hit a Q there so I don't see how I can fold. 1/2 pot feels
                      like a value bet but with what? I have to make a confused call.
                      Last edited by kkep; 06-14-2019, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• BruceO
                        BruceO commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup, that’s where I netted out... I ruled out K or trips... which left possible flushes and Q... particularly since he check-raised on that Q... and I haven’t shown strength either... so I thought and called and he showed QT w T of hearts

All done.

Down to 14k, raised a limper to 2k at 2/4/4 with AJ, knowing he was weak. He called, the flop came AT2 and he jammed his remaining 9800. I snapped him off, knowing he was dead. He turned over A8o and an eight came off next.

Comment

• BruceO
                        BruceO commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ouch! Cards played themselves.

I’m still rolling well... 95k after 6 levels... good table and enough decent cards

Excellent! Keep it up!

Comment

Ran it up to 130... then had a couple of setbacks... at 100k for last two levels today.

theyre showing 2900 of 5970 entries remaining... long way to money yet

Comment

Well, Ran into AA twice in an hour... first against KQ after flopping K high... then vs QQ and wasn’t good enough to lay them down... I should have gotten away from them and just lost 20k... but couldn’t believe guy would have them a second time in five hands...

Comment

Tomorrow's another day.

Flight A of the Double Stack beckons. If that doesn't work, the $800 on Sunday and mixed $600 NL/PLO Tuesday will be all before heading home.

Comment

So far, normal variance... had my QQ busted by TT... and busted AA w KK ... 85k on second break. Table has some very aggressive players... maybe I need to record some of these hands for later discussion....

Comment

Working...
                              X