Marathon Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathon Time

Two levels gone and I'm at 21k. Barely saw a flop the first hour. Already had one player get broke on the second level with AKo after he three-bet the cutoff after a hijack open, it was four-bet by opener and he jammed. Opener's QQ held.

I think they both forgot the concept of Marathon!

Comment

Made the dinner break.

Had dwindled to 13k when the following hand brought new life:

We were seven-handed, with blinds of100/300/300. The hijack raised 800, I made it 2400 to go from the cutoff and the button, who had been playing weak-tight, flatted, the opener joining the party.

Flop came KK7 rainbow and was checked to the cold caller on the button, who stabbed for 2000, opener folded and I jammed. After very little reflexion, the call came: QQ. The trips held up and now I have 33000.

Still can't believe Villain didn't four-bet shove before the flop. He's probably the only player on the table who would have done anything else.

Comment

Out.

Went down to 19000, then opened 99 from the hijack. The cutoff mucked and the button made it 3000, as he had the orbit before, when I folded 77. This player was loose-weak, so I jammed and ran into AA, which held up.

Comment

• reeeeeeper
          reeeeeeper commented
          Editing a comment
          Ugh, sorry to hear you ran into it, sounds like you played well though!

On to the $1000 this morning. A few more hours' rest and a good breakfast will do.

Comment

Working...
        X