Sad Story in the Poker Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Story in the Poker Community

I just played at the table next to this guy last month. I had no idea how sick he is.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/he...231129963.html

Hope to meet him when I come out. He has one helluva lot of guts.

Comment

Joe Ingram is talking about him on Twitter and is going to get him in the main event this year.

Comment

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        I just saw that. Super cool!
        Further down that thread I saw he had a GoFundMe page set up about 7 months. I hate to be skeptical but I find it hard to believe a young guy in his situation from the NYC Metro area was only able to raise a few hundred bucks. I have a feeling Joey along with his friends in the Poker community will be digging into their own pockets.

Point of reference on the GFM. I know a guy the same age (36) that died last week from my area, born, raised and stayed in Philly. His wife raised over $185k in the 3 days.
        Last edited by kkep; 06-08-2019, 08:12 AM.

From Kevin Racks: Just want to give a big thank you beyond words to @GregMerson#wsop2019 #wsop #sarcomawareness

Comment

Kevin joins Joey Ingram on this podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ctu...ature=youtu.be

Comment

What a pity...
          Besides, there was an article about how gambling affects our health. I can't find the right page, but it was on this site https://healthworldwidetips.com/what-is-gambling/. And there was said that playing poker can really make our health better. If poker was a treatment from cancer, that would be great

Comment

• kkep
            kkep commented
            Editing a comment
            I tell you what. My short term memory had been getting really really bad starting in my late 40's. I started playing poker at about age 50.
            I'll be 55 in Sept and a few months ago I noticed how much better my memory as improved. It's truly an incredible turn around.

Here is an example from yesterday. My grand daughter was dropped off at 6am so I can take her to camp at 730. She comes in lays on the couch, gets under the blanket and watches TV. I pay her little attention to her until it's time to go. At 730 I take her to camp which is a short 3 minute drive.

A few hours later my daughter ask me if Pey changed out of her bathing suit. The weather was crappy in the morning. I told her I have no idea what she was wearing. I never notice that crap and really never have. Before I clicked reply to the message I recalled she had a pink T shirt on and she was wearing her new sneakers. My daughter said yeah, her bathing suit was on underneath of her top.

This is a very sad story. I did watch the pod cast that Joey did with him on YouTube It's sad but true. I'm glad they got him in the main event

Comment

Working...
          X