Phil Hell-mouth thinks I'm a Lion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Hell-mouth thinks I'm a Lion!

Just a bit of fun, found this attached to an Upswing article.

what animal are you? I'm a Lion....apparently

https://upswingpoker.com/phil-hellmu...U_IpuU9Cc.link

Same, roar.

Comment

'Nother one in the Lion column.....hahahahaha

Comment

Lion is definitely a trend it seems

Comment

too long ... hellmuth himself can't be a carnivore ... maybe turtle

Comment

I got Eagle

Congrats, you’re an eagle -- an advanced player. You have clearly put in the time away from the table to improve. Your strategy is tough, aggressive, and theoretically sound.

Comment

• CrazyEddie
              CrazyEddie commented
              Editing a comment
              Tip : fold a lot, guys

• reeeeeeper
              reeeeeeper commented
              Editing a comment
              This is funny, after I saw this I retook the quiz thinking "What would JJ do?" and got eagle too. Guess I should do that at the table more.

I got Eagle too. Surprisingly.

Comment

I am an Eagle. So I know what to do, have to convert it to real life and do it when I am playing.

Comment

• LondonImp
                LondonImp commented
                Editing a comment
                And therein lies the challenge eh?

• jjpregler
                jjpregler commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, knowing what to do and having the guts to pull the trigger at the table are 2 different things. If you study often enough, eventually you will start pulling the trigger. Because over time, you would have taught yourself that "this is just the right thing to do"

Once you are confident and "know" it is right rather than having a "feeling" this is right, it becomes easier to pull the trigger.

If you see a play and you are not sure, examine the math. Prove to yourself that it is right and it will be easier to implement in real time.

But even sometimes, knowing the math doesn't help. I remember the first time I tried a triple barrel bluff line. I was scared to death to pull the trigger. But he insta mucked. (if he hero called me with Q high, I don't know what would have happened with my game.) Now I have the experience to know that play will work for me and I will run that line when it is called for.

• CrazyEddie
                CrazyEddie commented
                Editing a comment
                somebody lying.. you all on par with JL ? ( if you aren't JL , it is uncanny how u sound like him )
            Working...
            X