PH Tournament Hand KsQc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PH Tournament Hand KsQc

Down to final 4 tables, blinds 8k/16k/16k. Hero stack is 300k.

Hero UTG+2 raises to 32k with KsQc
    Villain MP1 calls. Small blind calls, big blind calls.

Flop comes Qs10s10c
    Checks to me, I bet 80K. Villain goes all in and has me covered x2. small blind and big blind fold.

call or fold?

9 seated? Open shove -

https://itunes.apple.com/ng/app/floa...r/id1144651294
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.floattheturn

get it, use it, practice with it, it's golden
    Last edited by kkep; 06-03-2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I am not folding top pair at this stack size. I am not loving calling, but I think I must.

Comment

Pot ~150k, you bet 80k, making the pot 230k and have 190k left behind, you are committed. Before you bet the 80k you should know that you're committed. So you might as well have jammed the flop to get maximum fold equity so no one with a draw thought they might be able to knock you off the pot with a jam. Taking the pot down without a fight increases your stack over 50%.

And even though you can open shove preflop doesn't necessarily mean you should with an almost 20BB stack. You have rejam utility and you don't want to just throw that away. Once you get below 15BB or so then you have to start thinking about open jamming, but I'm generally not doing that with such a workable stack from EP. Especially with a hand that's never ahead when called. Also at this stage of the tournament when everyone is around this stack size. After seeing the flop and hitting top pair with 2 SPR though? Stack goes in.

Comment

• reeeeeeper
          reeeeeeper commented
          Editing a comment
          Fold to 3-bet

• perryl
          perryl commented
          Editing a comment
          The standard raise at my table was a min bet which is usually the case this deep in a tournament. KQ off is in the bottom range of just about everyone but I think its an easy fold to a 3 bet.

• reeeeeeper
          reeeeeeper commented
          Editing a comment
          Min-raise and fold to 3-bet is 10% stack. You also get to keep playing. If the only options were jam or fold with 20BB I'd fold KQo EP.

I did end up calling. Villain had A9 spades for a flush draw and an over. I'm a 60/40 favorite in this spot but he spiked an Ace and I'm out. We would have gotten it in regardless even if I open shoved on the flop but I think in retrospect, pushing on the flop might have been better. Alternatively, I could have checked the flop and just given up in this spot. We weren't heads up, as the blinds were in the hand too. I don't know the math, but what are the chances one of them had a 10?

Comment

• reeeeeeper
          reeeeeeper commented
          Editing a comment
          You can't check give up here. You have 2 SPR and hit top pair. I agree that shoving on the flop is the best option.

I would tend to check the flop with your marginal made hand. Betting is rough because when you get action, you will not be in great shape, but will be getting decent odds to continue. Especially at the final table with large payout jumps, you want to be sure you are getting your money in quite good when the stacks are relatively even.

Comment

Is tp2k marginal because of the paired board? Normally we'd call it a premium hand in our homework....

Comment

My KQ hand today... UTG+2 raises and I call on BTN with KQo. Flop KJ5. I used JLs strategy and just check back flop and call turn. River completes a flush goes check check. He had a set of Js. Player next to him asked him," where is the rest of the pot?" Sometimes I feel I lose value on a flop like that but in this case I was happy.

Comment

Working...
            X