WSOP Big 50 Sweats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSOP Big 50 Sweats

I'm going to be playing the WSOP Big 50 Flight B in about 7 hours. I'm going to post updates here mostly for fun but also to keep myself accountable and maybe ask for some hand analysis. If you're also playing it feel free to post updates here as well. GG GL!

Good luck mate, looking forward to your updates.

Comment

I am registered for Flight C tomorrow @10am. First time using Bravo App. Will see if it is worth the extra $18 to skip the line.

RUN GOOD!!! I will meet up with you on Wednesday.

Comment

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck Tex!

11500 players yesterday

Good luck! Some one bullet motivation..... I saw a post that stated the re-buy line was 4 hours long lol

Comment

• Tex
        Tex commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. Hopefully that will keep the maniacs at bay...lol.

I swear some people must buy into some WSOP Tournaments 10+ times. They sit down at my table and lose their stack. I see them at several other tables. And then they end up an hour later back at my table with another buy-in now with like 10-15 BBs. I don't get it. Someone told me one was a multi-millionaire.

Guys I bagged Day 1. 46bb going into Day 2 tonight, approximately 480/1600 players left. GL to those playing Flight B today.

Comment

• reeeeeeper
        reeeeeeper commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn dude, sweet! Kill em. Any particular advice for this structure, or just do the do?

• RealJPB
        RealJPB commented
        Editing a comment

• kkep
        kkep commented
        Editing a comment
        well done, good luck!

Guys, keep it on the DL, but you can reg Big 50 at STT cage.

5 minutes to showtime!

Comment

55k first break. 1 big mistake, a couple small ones, a couple good plays getting out of line. Table is ok mix, only one tough player to my left, a couple on my right.

Big mistake was paying off a triple barrel when there's no way I should have. Cut that out reeps!

Comment

• reeeeeeper
          reeeeeeper commented
          Editing a comment
          Randy Lew at the table behind me, dodged a bullet there.

• Turbulence
          Turbulence commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck.

Paying off triples is one of my leaks as well. I always seemed to imagine the part of their range they can be bluffing with and not the bit that they aren't lol. I think it's because most of the time I 3 barrel I am actually bluffing and assume that's what everyone else does - but in fact it's actually a pretty rare occurrence.

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know if you have played many deep stack marathons or not. My biggest problem is mixing it up to much on day 1. I think playing a tight/solid range IP as mush as possible and avoid getting out of line is the best strategy. Of course certain table dynamics will always creep in to play. It's boring poker but typically effective. Now if I could only follow my own advice for an entire day!

89k from a hero call just before break.

Had other tough hand where I had to fold a flopped set on a five-flush river 60% pot bet. He said he had the Q of suit and I believe him, shit run-out.

Feeling confident after the hero!

Comment

Matt is in your flight...

Matt Affleck raised to 1,000 from middle position pre-flop and was called by two players, one of whom was Ray Price who sat directly to Affleck's left.

The flop came and Affleck bet 1,200, he was called by Price.

Affleck continued with a 4,000 bet after the fell on the turn, Price called.

The came on the river and Affleck checked to his opponent. Price then threw out a 10,000 bet. Affleck thought for a few minutes before folding but it was the correct choice as his opponent tabled for the nut flush.
          Ray Price 76,000 76,000
          Matt Affleck 34,000 -16,000

Comment

102k break. Couldn't get much value on my hands, boards forced me to raise where I would have liked to trap and no one was playing with me. Still, going in the right direction!

Table broke and at new one that's all OMCs, one fake OMC, and a couple young guys. Still trying to figure it out.

Comment

• RealJPB
              RealJPB commented
              Editing a comment

• kkep
              kkep commented
              Editing a comment
              What does OMC mean? I have an idea but not certain...Old Man something or other lol also would is a fake OMC?

asking for an old man

• reeeeeeper
              reeeeeeper commented
              Editing a comment
              sent you pm JPB

OMC is Old Man Coffee

Holy crap Day 1 A chip leader. 7-196 have less than 200k
            • William Zaiss

Comment

Dinner break postponed so just color up.

I got away from a straight over straight cooler (he showed after I tank folded) but since I'd already check raised I lost a bunch. Back down to starting stack, about 20BB after break. Wish me luck!

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                reeeeeeper commented
                Editing a comment
                AA first hand after break and I was late getting back too. Climbing up a bit!

Back up to 100k, then down to 70k. Dinner break.

I should be at 100k still but I did the major sin: tried to bluff a calling station. fml

I made a couple other mistakes too, but happy to still be in contention. Just need a double up or two and I have something to work with.

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                reeeeeeper commented
                Editing a comment
                One hand I had to lay down AQ on a AT9hh flop due to 4-way action, meh.

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                reeeeeeper commented
                Editing a comment
                Aw, sorry man, good run though!

• reeeeeeper
                reeeeeeper commented
                Editing a comment
                And sorry I never swung by, I'm still at same table if you haven't taken off.

• kkep
                kkep commented
                Editing a comment
                Bummer, good work tho. Looking forward to some and history's.

Ran it up to 215k tripling with QQ, then came back down a bit getting 3-bet with JJ and having to fold bad flop. 140k on last break before day ends.

No real hands of note otherwise.

Comment

Welllllp, I made Day 2 with 157k chips. I got up to around 300k trapping an aggressive player when I had top set, then lost a bunch back next hand when I value owned myself on the river with a straight vs a flush, meh. I think that's about 25BB when play starts tomorrow. Hope I can run it up!

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                  reeeeeeper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can't help but think how I would have 400k or more if I hadn't made so many little stupid mistakes. Fundamentals dude!

• Turbulence
                  Turbulence commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hang in there! be patient and don't beat yourself up too much - no one gets through a big mtt without making mistakes!

Saturday sold out. I am pre-registered but in line to verify cc. I went ahead and registered for tourney tomorrow. They say there are not much seats left.

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                  reeeeeeper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Brutal. The lines were insane. My buddy was waiting for 4 hours yesterday after he registered just to get seated.

Here's my Day 2 seat draw
                Seat Stack BB Notes
                1 275k 50 no tourney results
                2 150k 30 Top 100 US All Time $ List, $6mil earnings, $1mil best cash (on par with JL)
                3 125k 20 no results
                4 250k 50 $20k earnings, amateur
                5 empty
                6 700k 140 unclear, either no results or $50k earnings
                7 525k 100 semipro, $400k earnings, $50k best cash, 2 month dry streak
                8 380k 75 summer player, $5k earnings
                9 150k 30 me

Quite a mix! Not happy having Seat 2 on my left. Otherwise seems like a good (for me) table. Any advice?

Right now I'm thinking I should limp SB to play pots with Seat 1. Also rejam more often to Seat 7 steal attempts. Otherwise just pray Seat 2 stays out of my way?
                Last edited by reeeeeeper; 06-01-2019, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• RealJPB
                  RealJPB commented
                  Editing a comment

• reeeeeeper
                  reeeeeeper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  haha so you figured out which exact table it was too?

I thought he had the right idea with a lot of his plays but the execution was a little off, maybe a bit too much initial aggression and not enough stickiness/playback. I thought he had a few very obvious tells though in his face and eyes. He wasn't one of the players I feared at the table. Seats 2 (obv), 1 & 6 were the strongest, he came next in line IMO.

What do you think?

• RealJPB
                  RealJPB commented
                  Editing a comment

About to start up 2b after slight delay, here we go!

Comment

Advice, maybe make sure you take enough time on each street to go through the fundamentals you have been learning. Trust the process.

Lately I've been referring the preflop charts on here often as I play to keep myself inline .

Try to work the 3 bet bluff in if you get the chance vs someone you think is opening to much.

No hero calls

Comment

Comment

Break! Ran it up to 418k! Let's go!

Funny you say that kkep because I won a huge pot heroing on the river. I have Matt Affleck's webinar directly to thank for it. I counted combos that beat me vs I beat vs chop and added in live read info and made the call after a two minute tank. He had a missed draw that I counted in the bluffs I beat. w00t

Made some laydowns too with pocket pairs that I think were ok. Made some 3-bet jams in good spots when I was around 18BB and won some free chips. All-in-all I haven't made many (any?) mistakes that I know of. Happy with my play.
                      Last edited by reeeeeeper; 06-02-2019, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                        reeeeeeper commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In the money

• kkep
                        kkep commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice! Sadly I see Matt hit the rails

381k break. Not much to speak of. Made one light rejam, made one hero fold river, tried to trap aggressive player with KK but he only bit one street. A few more levels til day 3.

Hero fold was actually kind of interesting. Opened 6s5s and BB called. Flop Qc7s5c, he checks but I pick up small strength tell, I check behind. Turn a lovely 8s, he bets a bit less than half pot and I decide to just call though I thought about jamming since he was shorter than I. River was 3c, I miss and he bets about 1/5 pot. I decided since I really was calling looking to hit and I missed and the other main draw came in and he had shown slight strength initially that my pair of 5's really didn't have showdown value and I missed my chance to semibluff and his bet was really value heavy. So I just folded to save the chips.
                      Last edited by reeeeeeper; 06-02-2019, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Comment

Made it to Day 2C with 413k chips! Position, position, position... and quit being afraid to re-raise because it is so costly to be wrong

i also had pleasure of knocking out Alex Foxen, who came to my table late and very short (40kish)...it was clear he would make a move w any two face cards... I did him a favor by raising to isolate so I could win the race w my 77 ... anyway, the price of being a recognized pro, I guess...

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                            reeeeeeper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's a great stack to start Day 2 with, congrats!

Made the end of day. Have 390k to work with Day 3 when blinds are 15/30/30 so hopefully I don't end up in the blind right away. I don't even know what happened really, I'm pretty tired. But I guess this thread will continue Wednesday. Cheers!

Comment

• BruceO
                            BruceO commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice job! How far into Day 2 did you reach the money? How many knocked out in Day 2...another 75%?

That gives me hope too... you finish w 390k means I can try to be patient thru Day 2 tomorrow!

• reeeeeeper
                            reeeeeeper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Money was at 896, I don't remember when it happened exactly, 3 hours in maybe?

And dude, I had to fight hard for that 390k and it's not really an ideal stack. The blinds start to get brutal, you can't really be that patient. I'm happy with it considering I started the day with less than half that, but you're going to need close to 100mil to final table.

• reeeeeeper
                            reeeeeeper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Actually, we had a late start and I noticed I posted we moneyed at 9, so it was only 1.5 levels.

Not a Big50 sweat but after min cashing Big50 I played the morning flight of the $300k at Golden Nugget yesterday and bagged that too.

Was down to 1.25 bb after getting in AQ pre and losing to A7 but managed to spin it back up. Will only have 10-20bb depending on what level we restart at today but the dream is still alive.

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                            reeeeeeper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice dude! Let us know how it goes.

Ok, if i can figure this out, i'll try to post updates on Day 2C tomorrow; hopefully, with a 70BB stack to start with, i'll have to make several posts.
                          Personal goal... get to $1M chips.

I should be ONE of larger stacks (another couple will be at least close) at my table ($413K)... i haven't been in too many tournaments where i might be able to be more active as we get close to the money bubble; so any thoughts welcome

Comment

• kkep
                            kkep commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If you haven't already get the push/fold app on your phone. It's a great tool to help make hard decisions in real time. The 'next' feature is genius as is the defend feature. I think amateurs make some of our biggest errors when short stacked and deep stacked, when to jam from what position with what hands hand and what to defend with for what price from what position.

We can't use our phones while we are in a hand but this is so simple we can set it up and peak at it prior to looking at our cards.
                            IE Say we have 80BB and their is a short stack of about 15BB at the table. Set the app which takes seconds and you will know exactly which hands you can profitability call with if they jam.

When we are short set it up the same way. We are on the button, set up the scenario. If we don't play our hand or don't get a chance to open jam simply hit next and we are ready to go for the next hand.

It's also a great study tool.

Good luck! .

• BruceO
                            BruceO commented
                            Editing a comment

• reeeeeeper
                            reeeeeeper commented
                            Editing a comment
                            How dare you both.

Makes sense... thx

Comment

WSOP Advice...

I bagged $160K in Flight D. Day 2 is Tuesday 10am. I am thinking 160K is a small stack for Flight D.

I already have my ticket for the deepstack tomorrow. I am thinking I can open my range (I played tight today) and be more aggressive and if I make it to Day 2 with a huge stack I'll just let my $160K blind out and min cash. Is that dumb? Maybe I should look for another Vegas Tourney tomorrow. First time in Vegas so not sure where the good tourneys are. I came back to Mandalay after busting on Flight C and played the nightly but it was only $65 Buyin. It was an easy field after playing WSOP but only won $400 for 1st.

And can I even get my money back for deep stack if I already have ticket?

Thanks for advice in advance

Comment

• kkep
                              kkep commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I can't give you advice but if it was me I would be trying to spin up that 160k first and foremost.
                              I would relax today and then do some prep work..

• reeeeeeper
                              reeeeeeper commented
                              Editing a comment
                              https://www.pokeratlas.com/poker-tou...evada/upcoming

The ones you see that are part of a series are generally the better ones, but check the fees to make sure they're not too high. The DeepStack at the Venetian are generally good, as well as the ones at the Wynn, Aria, and other series.

160k is going to be 27BB... short(ish) but certainly just a double up away from viable... if you play tightly, and pick your spot, I think the opportunity to go deep is high enough to invest time in... average is only a bit higher than you, at about 200k

Comment

Well, table big stack of 750 two seats left, and several medium stacks like myself; not optimal, but should help me take a long term view

Comment

In the money and healthy at 550k; big stack at this table, but several in 250-400 range... long way to go today

Comment

Weakness is when to call off based on stack sizes ... hope I catch some cards that make it easier in the next couple of hours

Comment

congrats to all who cashed. I busted 1c near dinner break. I raised allin in flip with open ended straight draw and backdoor flush. I got called with top pair. Gotta win the flips. Happy with my play and the summer just started.

Comment

Comment

• killtown
                                        killtown commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Unless you have a read that the SB is the nittiest player in the world, snap the shove with QTs, fist-pump and high five when you stack up those chips.

• BruceO
                                        BruceO commented
                                        Editing a comment

• kkep
                                        kkep commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Call from the BB vs SB open shove for 10BB 53.5% 22+, A2s+, A2o+, K2s+, K2o+, Q2s+, Q4o+, J4s+, J7o+, T6s+, T8o+, 97s+, 87s

This range is 20% tighter if that makes you feel more comfortable. I forgot to add we can loosen or tighten our ranges with that app too which is great. 42.1% 22+, A2s+, A2o+, K2s+, K3o+, Q5s+, Q9o+, J8s+, J9o+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s

Poker sucks... KQ v K7 (allin for 200k)... would have been over 1 million... instead... not... bummer

Comment

• killtown
                                        killtown commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Keep your chin up. Plenty of play to come.

• Turbulence
                                        Turbulence commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I feel ya - 3 outtas are the bane of my poker life!

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                                        reeeeeeper commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Congrats! For perspective, I would love to have a stack that size.

• BruceO
                                        BruceO commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Well, would love to meet Wednesday and put a face to the MAWG and thank you for assistance

This tread is back Nice! Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                                        reeeeeeper commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Thank you!

Anyone found the Day 3 table draw lists yet? Don't see them anywhere.

Comment

http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/172...TS-BY-SEAT.pdf

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                                          reeeeeeper commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          You rock, thanks!

• kkep
                                          kkep commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          You're welcome. Hope you run it up!

Only a couple moderately experienced players at my Day 3 table. If I can get some chips early I might have a decent shot. That's a pretty loaded if though.

Comment

• kkep
                                          kkep commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Yingge Yan is probably a fake name so I wouldn't trust that they have no results.

• kkep
                                          kkep commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          1 Pro at your table Bruce, seat 8 Ludovic Geilich https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=95422

• BruceO
                                          BruceO commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Yup... thx... he is wearing his Team Party Poker shirt... every thing else looks pretty normal

Well, after 5 minutes of play we've been stopped for a random 20 minutes break now, so I might as well update that I'm up to 505k from a squeeze. Headroom!

Comment

Out on a flip after a fuckup, don't really want to talk about it right now. Good luck whoever's still in it.

Comment

• Turbulence
                                            Turbulence commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Sorry to here that!

• kkep
                                            kkep commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Sux Good effort tho

Well, grew my stack to 900k and then got it in... raise w KK UTG, big stack/ pro raises all-in and shows AK... A on turn for pretty standard, unfortunate result... thanks for assist guys!

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                                            reeeeeeper commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Brutal, looks like you won the last longer though!

• kkep
                                            kkep commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Sorry man, nice run tho and hopefully a great experience.

Doesn't seem standard to me assuming blinds were 20k/40/40 or even 25k/50/50.
                                            Curious how much you opened for?

Ok, I cooled off a bit.

One of the inexperienced guys raised my BB, I defended. Flop Q52r, he down bets, I checkraise, he jams, I fold.

Problem was, I had 16BB and he well covered me and I had air and blew half my stack on that. I shouldn't have made a move on a guy who's not himself making moves. I shouldn't have invested so much when I was so short. I shouldn't have even defended in the first place. All around awful. My only excuse is that I had to wake up at 4am to make the flight out here and am tired. oh well

Next hand I pick up 44 and a similar sized stack jams from the button and I call since I sense weakness and just want to double to get back in it. BB folds, Button has A7o, hits 7, I'm out. gg
                                          Last edited by reeeeeeper; 06-05-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• BruceO
                                            BruceO commented
                                            Editing a comment

Am I the only junkie who watched the entire 6.5 hours of this final table?

Comment

I loved the Austin Powers references when the chip leader heads up had 1 BILLION chips LOL

Comment

• kkep
                                              kkep commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Lon McEachern could wait to say that lol. This went a few levels longer than he expected.

Did the Big 50 break the Mob too? They only listed the top 100 lol. So far anyway....

Comment

• reeeeeeper
                                              reeeeeeper commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              They said they'd add the rest over the next few days.
                                          Working...
                                          X