Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broke&livin
    replied
    I also thought her choice of words odd ' here we can have some fun by raising? ' how why is that fun?
    Last edited by broke&livin; 07-23-2021, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• galanGalactus
    replied
    If we bet small here we get called. If our bet is half pot we get called. 3/4 pot might work, but we do not want any calls so it has to be all-in. I feel like the size of the pot also makes this an all-in bet.

Leave a comment:

• rosenjb@gmail.com
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with you, those were my thoughts too.

• rosenjb@gmail.com
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Dilly, good explanation. One leak I am working on is that I don't bet large enough with my really good hands. I should balance it with some large bluffs too.

• broke&livin
    replied
    On the flop, Lexi Gavin often goes it is too weak to fold so we call. On the turn, she might try some moves because of blockers. Many people are out of line today because of exaggerated role of blockers. Then river shove seems highly suspect. She might also be withholding certain things so people who play with her can't decipher none.

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    I think your right we need to understand the dynamic with the opponent but a few things to consider:
    • He's labeled loose but decent, these players are going to call smaller bets at a much higher frequency so our bluffs can/need to be bigger.
    • If he's decent we need to have bluffs when we're also planning to raise our flushes, and calling B v CO, especially a loose CO, we're not going to have many if any offsuit hands, so our best bluff candidates are our pairs with worst showdown value with a spade blocker/draw.
    • We should absolutely be bombing the river with our flushes against a loose player and if we have any respect for them whatsover the bluffs have to be bet like the value is.
      • I think many people at live low stakes thing the big bets are bluffs and they're generally right, but once an opponent has seen you bomb it with bluffs and value, they have to abandon that notion and many legit do not know how to react to big bets that are balanced....or balanced in general so many low stakes players are super straightforward.

Leave a comment:

• rosenjb@gmail.com
    started a topic Quiz 1243 - $2/$5, 100 BB

Quiz 1243 - $2/$5, 100 BB

You will need to do the quiz to understand the question. This seems a very aggressive and high variance way to play 55 unless you have a good read on the player. I don't like the river shove, it is an over bet that has to work more than half the time to be profitable. Wouldn't a smaller bet size get the same result enough to save the extra money you loose when called? The over bet also looks bluffy like you want a fold. I would be more likely to call the over bet than a smaller bet. What do you all think?
Working...
X