Flatting 4-bet with AA in Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatting 4-bet with AA in Position

Today, I took another stab at the 5/10 cash game where players are substantially more aggressive than at 2/5. In one hand, I held AhAd on the CO facing a $25 raise from the seat two to my right with about $1,300 in stack. I 3-bet to $70. A strong LAG in the SB, who had me covered, 4-bet to $210. The initial raiser folded. I decided to just flat with my aces since I have position and the SPR will only be about 2.5 with $1,090 effective stacks and a $435 pot. Would it have been better to 5-bet? If so, should I have shoved or just gone to about $500? If I were OOP or stacks were deeper, I would have been more likely to 5-bet.

Flop Th6s3s. Villain c-bet for $250. I shoved for $840 on top. Villain folded within a few seconds. Was this a good spot to shove, or would it be better to slow play another street? If I held As and was blocking the nut flush draw or if the flop was rainbow, I may have just flatted and jammed on the turn.

Definitely fine to flat the cold 4-bet with AA, we do 5-bet more deeper and OOP but even then AA does flat 4-bets pretty often.

I don't like the shove, villain should have range advantage, depending how agg they are their value range is going to be TT+ and I would guess probably around 50% unmade hands, that are very likely to barrel. Let them keep bluffing, and definitely do not give them any room to fold JJ-KK

Comment

• mriebel
      mriebel commented
      Editing a comment
      I was too scared he had like AsKs or AsQs, or even could have been bluffing with As4s. I would have been uncomfortable if another spade came on the turn.

• jjpregler
      jjpregler commented
      Editing a comment
      With a 2:1 SPR on the flop, you shouldn't be afraid of him having a possible draw. If he hits it oh well. But there is definitely more profit in just calling. Yes, he could have a flush draw, but they are only small portions of his range. When you shove, you are missing the value from all of the rest of the possible hands he could have.

• mriebel
      mriebel commented
      Editing a comment
      If he had QQ or KK, I thought he would be more likely to call if I shoved the flop, than to continue if a spade hit on the turn. He could be scared that I might be on a flush draw.
Working...
X