Second Nut Flush on Paired Board Facing Mild Aggression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Nut Flush on Paired Board Facing Mild Aggression

In another hand, I held QcJc in 2nd position with about $1,700 in stack facing a limp from UTG. He had just sat down about a half hour prior, and seemed to be playing like a spewy LAG. I raised to $25. I got four callers total, two in position on me, one in the BB, and the limper. Pot $127 with 5 to the flop.

Flop Kc9c9h, giving me a gutshot and a flush draw. It checked around. I considered betting, but ultimately decided to check, thinking anyone with a 9 would raise huge to price me out of my straight and flush draws, and someone with a boat or quads might just flat call, in which case I would be drawing to a single out for the straight flush.

Turn 3c, giving me the second nut flush. UTG, with about $650 left in stack, bet $60. I considered raising, the ultimately decided to just flat call. Everyone else folded. We were heads up for the river with $247 in the pot and $590 effective stacks.

River Jh. He bet $155. I considered jamming for $435 more effective, trying to get called by a lower flush or trip 9’s, but felt his large bet side was polarized enough where it would be better to flat call. I could see ace-high flushes, K9, J9, and 33 in his range. I would also likely slow play KK full this way, and he could be worried about that. He showed Ac3d, so blocked the nut flush and bottom boat. I am confident that he would not have called my jam with that.

Would it have been better to raise either the turn or river, or was it fine to flat call both streets?

I think calling is the right play. I don't like jamming here because I think you are going to get called way more with boats, than when the villain has KJ, 9x, and flushes you beat.

I would not raise the turn either.

Thanks!

Comment

• NJpokermike36
      NJpokermike36 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure. That would be a tough spot for the villain because of the great odds you re getting to call his shove.

• mriebel
      mriebel commented
      Editing a comment
      I would have called if he shoved.

• NJpokermike36
      NJpokermike36 commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to. You can't put more than 50% of your stack in the middle and fold with a flush
Working...
X